Redmi 3s Is Driving Me Crazy :( Please Help.

urbangangsta

Members
Jan 25, 2017
Hi everybody,

i got serious issues with my redmi 3s which are really driving me nuts. A month or so ago I noticed that it's not possible anymore to send videos (mostly webm files) via whatsapp. When I try to send the file Whatsapp freezes and I have to restart it. I also noticed that when I open the gallery app (the google gallery app) it only show's the thumbnails of the first couple of webms in my download folder.
This problem occured on the latest stable official rom. I switched to the lastest xiaomi.eu rom, did a factory reset with twrp, but the problem still persists.

Does anyone know about this issue and how to fix it?

kind regards

Pete

Hi, I have 8.1.5.0 .eu stable and I don't have this problem, can send videos via WhatsApp just fine.

Can you share other content types via WhatsApp or other apps? Can you share videos on other apps?

Hi, I have 8.1.5.0 .eu stable and I don't have this problem, can send videos via WhatsApp just fine.

Can you share other content types via WhatsApp or other apps? Can you share videos on other apps?

Hi,
other files (fotos, txt files, ...) seem to work fine, when sending them in whatsapp. I tried to share a webm which wasn't working in whatsapp via gmail using the google gallery app and it worked.
I really don't thing that this is a whatsapp issue, because even all the gallery apps are having problems with displaying thumbnails of the video files.
Sometimes, when clicking on the send button in whatsapp, even the phone crashes and reboots itself...

I also tried wiping data and internal storage and I'm still having the same problems.

regards

yesterday I flashed my device using Miflash with the latest dev fastboot rom file from xiaomi.com (MIUI 8 Global 7.1.19 | Beta) which also didn't help at all. The phone is still crashing.
For instance I played around with a couple webm files. I copied 6 to the phone. Everything worked at this point. Then I copied the next six on the phone and when I opened the gallery app, I showed no thumbnails for the last six webms. In this state, when I go to the homescreen from here and hit the button left to the home button (which shows me all running apps) nothing happens even though there are running apps. It is also impossible to pull down the info bar from the top. And after approx. 20 seconds, the phone crashes and reboots.
It doesn't make any sense. I'm getting rid of this phone.

regards