Redmi 4 Overheating

Taavi

Members
Jan 29, 2017
After a week of usage I discovered my phone constantly rebooting and hot. I managed to get to recovery mode and powered off. But after 30 minutes phone was still hot, then I opened up the back cover and disconnected battery. After phone was fully cooled down I reconnected the battery, but phone started heat up again immediately. Now my battery is empty and basically cannot charge as it will start draining it after i connect the battery to board.

I was using xiaomi.eu_multi_HM4_V8.1.4.0.MCECNDI_v8-6.0 ROM.

Anyone having similar issues?

call for a warranty replace:
snapdragon 625 is generally extremely cold.
I've never seen it over 32°C on my redmi 4 pro (I do not play games)

After a week of usage I discovered my phone constantly rebooting and hot. I managed to get to recovery mode and powered off. But after 30 minutes phone was still hot, then I opened up the back cover and disconnected battery. After phone was fully cooled down I reconnected the battery, but phone started heat up again immediately. Now my battery is empty and basically cannot charge as it will start draining it after i connect the battery to board.

I was using xiaomi.eu_multi_HM4_V8.1.4.0.MCECNDI_v8-6.0 ROM.

Anyone having similar issues?
Looks like hardware issue. Back to shop from where you buy it.

Unfortunately cannot flash anymore, as battery won't charge anymore, phone seems to use all the power that cable provides and starts to produce lot of heat. To remove the battery I had to remove some parts, so I'm not sure that warranty still exists. Anyway, my credit card had insurance, for all items bought - so i'm not concerned about warranty. But in general I was very happy with the phone performance an xiaomi.eu global ROM.

I only get to fastboot mode when I'm connected to charger, PC seems not to produce enough power over usb to boot into fastboot or recovery.

Seems that battery did not charge , but phone was extremely hot. After connecting to PC - I wasn't able to boot to fastboot, phone basically did not respond to me. It's possible to try with new&fully charged battery, when they're on sale.