Redmi 4 Prime Case

toge64

Members
Nov 12, 2016
has anyone been looking at cases? I'm looking for a cheaper version of the Nillkin hard cases as they are very expensive at the moment (£4-5)

I'm sorry, 4 pounds are expensive? I don't get it... I ordered the official flip cover from Gearbest (12 dollars or so) and a couple of 2 dollars silicone back cases from ebay...

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

I've spent about 30EUR including shipping on an offical flip and a tempered glass screen.
It seems the prices are dropping and it is becoming easier to find accessories, but until Xiaomi do a proper global release on the phone, it will be expensive to get any stuff.

I've spent about 30EUR including shipping on an offical flip and a tempered glass screen.
It seems the prices are dropping and it is becoming easier to find accessories, but until Xiaomi do a proper global release on the phone, it will be expensive to get any stuff.
Well 30 euros are a bit too much honestly, the flip cover is 10 euros on Gearbest, but shipping was included as I ordered two Redmi 4 Pro together with that.
I got a silicone case+tempered glass from ebay for 4 dollar I think.

They weren't on gearbest only a few days ago. :(
At honorbuy it was 9.69 for flipcase, 7.75 for tempered glass and 15.52 for shipping.
total 32.96.

They weren't on gearbest only a few days ago. :(
At honorbuy it was 9.69 for flipcase, 7.75 for tempered glass and 15.52 for shipping.
total 32.96.
Yeah I'll admit that I was going to order some days ago but then I delayed it for no reason... I got the black/silver one for 143 euros and a gold/gold one (for my mother) for 157 because the flash sale on that colour ended first...
Then again, I realised that the flip covers were on stock when I was concluding the order, so I got one for my mother as well (there's only the gold one for the Pro available).
So I guess we spent almost the same, I got the device for 10 euros more, but the case for 10 euros less
Other than that, 15 euros for s&h is a freaking theft...!

Anyone know where i Can get a case like this
for-Xiaomi-Redmi-3s-Mobile-Phone-Bag-Case-Carbon-Fibre-Brushed-TPU-Phone-Cases-for-Xiaomi.jpg_640x640.jpg

For redmi 4 Prime?
I have this case for redmi 3s and i really like it.

just a heads up - the official flip case for Redmi 4 Prime- sometimes sold as "leather/ smart wake / magnetic" etc. is quite poor.
No magnet to hold closed or shut off phone /smart wake.
With tempered glass on it doesn't even close flat.

not impressed.

just a heads up - the official flip case for Redmi 4 Prime- sometimes sold as "leather/ smart wake / magnetic" etc. is quite poor.
No magnet to hold closed or shut off phone /smart wake.
With tempered glass on it doesn't even close flat.

not impressed.
Experienced the exact same thing. Disappointed to say the least.
Are we sure there's a magnet to turn off and on the screen on the R4Pro though?

also tempered glass does not fit 2.5D curved glass screen - the side edges of the glass do not connect to the screen.
poor work by nillkin...

Experienced the exact same thing. Disappointed to say the least.
Are we sure there's a magnet to turn off and on the screen on the R4Pro though?

There is no magnet in the R4Pro :(
I just tested it.

I have the tempered glass from Luanke and it doesnt completely fit the screen either, the edges dont stick to the screen correctly

Glad I have not bought that one - just paid for aliexpress.com /item/0-26mm-9H-2-5D-Full-Cover-Screen-Protector-Tempered-Glass-For-Xiaomi-Redmi-Hongmi-4/32779441257.html. Let's see how it will work. Does anybody have it already ?

Phone has curved glass, tempered glass isn't curved so you won't be happy.
I trashed tempered glass after install.
4mm on both left and right side of tempered glass had air gap, plus it really ruined the view.
Also phone has quite poor touch experiense, glass will ruin it even more - try dragging app icon from one page to another.

I have the luanke tempered glass and it has the edges air gap since it doesnt fit the 2.5D screen but the touch experience is perfectly the same as without glass, it just ruins the view a little bit.