[redmi 4 Pro] Mic Doesn't Work After Replacing Display?

HOL89

Members
Jan 30, 2017
Hello,

i have replaced my display because it was broken, but now if i want to call the partner doesn't hear me anymore.
If i create a voice mail in whatsapp for example its working without a problem. only in calls it doesn't work anymore. i have sound on videos etc too. only if i want to make a call it doesnt work.
I have double checked all cables and connectors and cant find the problem.
i tried China 8.1.3.0 without root, china 8.0.6.0 without root, global 8.1.2.0 with and without root and now the xiaomi.eu rom with root ofc.

i have also tried to add <device name =" SND_DEVICE_IN_VOICE_DMIC "acdb_id =" 100 "/>, but didnt change anything.
and i changed persist.audio.fluence.voicecall= true to false in system/build.prop

any idea?

thank you!

best regards
Holger

Last edited:
take a look on the secondary mic (next to IR sensor), probably you have moved it and now noise suppression is too high.

thanks, but i have no idea where the 2nd mic is. top or bottom?
possibly the smallest whole at the top?

those colored ones?
i took them out but cant see that would be placed wrong.

Attachments

• mic2.png
    mic2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 932
  • mic1.png
    mic1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 968
You can try to cover the hole of the one on top and make a phone call to see if the problem is about the noise cancellation mic...

other than that I've no ideas... I'm sorry....:(

Hi @HOL89

My screen is also broken. May I ask where you bought your replacement screen and do you have any instructions on replacing it? I couldn't find any tutorials on replacing the Redmi 4 (pro) screen yet.

Hi @HOL89

My screen is also broken. May I ask where you bought your replacement screen and do you have any instructions on replacing it? I couldn't find any tutorials on replacing the Redmi 4 (pro) screen yet.
Hi @OnAcid
i bought my display at vifocal with the coupon "vifocal" for ~33-34$ in black.

and i watched this video over and over
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good Luck at replacing your display.

Thanks! Is the quality of the screen the same as the original?

Good luck on your microphone problem. I will take extra precaution when disassembling the phone.