Resolved [Redmi 8] FM Radio does not work

Will be added back in next ROM update. ;)
You can install this zip in TWRP to get back FM app (for Android 10) => TWRP_MIUI_FM_App_xiaomi.eu_Android_10.zip
:)
For some reason on my phone it only works when I delete the lib folder. "/system/app/FM/lib"

Before deleting it, I open the radio app and try to connect, but the toast appears "starting ..." and the notification "the radio service is running", but remains off.
After deleting the folder, it will function normally again

Reactions: Poney70 and avernum

Attachments

• PP-9Q7NSE30.jpg
    PP-9Q7NSE30.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 414
How to fix a selfie camera? or do you need to reinstall the firmware?
My zip broke your selfie camera? Impossible... o_O

Sorry but I really don't know how to help you...

"Can't connect to camera" issue is generally caused by a "broken" persist partition. That's all what I can say... ^^

Will be added back in next ROM update. ;)
You can install this zip in TWRP to get back FM app (for Android 10) => TWRP_MIUI_FM_App_xiaomi.eu_Android_10-fix.zip
:)

EDIT: New "fix" version to avoid an issue on some devices (see the post by @tonyjeffferson below). ;)
Sorry. But if I want to flash that zip I need to mount /system as read-write because fm.apk is stored on system partition.

If I do that, can SafetyNet be broken?

Thanks

Sorry. But if I want to flash that zip I need to mount /system as read-write because fm.apk is stored on system partition.

If I do that, can SafetyNet be broken?

Thanks
Hello,

My zip automatically (re)mount "/system_root" as Read-Write. ;)

SafetyNet still pass after install. :)

Reactions: avernum
I tried but I got an error: "Please mount 'system' partition then try to install again". On the Mount menu I checked " system" but the error persists.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Attachments

• Image1585562009.jpg
    Image1585562009.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 509
I tried but I got an error: "Please mount 'system' partition then try to install again". On the Mount menu I checked " system" but the error persists.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
What's your TWRP version? Anyway I know how to fix that, I will reupload a new zip version. ;)

The last official version for redmi 8.
3.3.1-1

Enviado desde mi Redmi 8 mediante Tapatalk