Redmi 9

Leo Xu

Members
Jan 14, 2021
Is there any one using Redmi 9?

I tried to find the Redmi 9 but it is not listed on the list...

And by the way, is there any possibility to update to MIUI 12?
I am still using MIUI11, and it is the latest one on this phone...

Its likely due to the fact that your device is using a MediaTek chipset. I heard in the past that flashing roms can sometimes make them brick your device, and its not possible to unlock them unless you have a dev account as the flashing software requires it. This could have changed, but I believe that could be a contributing factor as to why your device isn't supported.

Reactions: Leo Xu
So what you are telling us is that there isnt going to be a Xiaomi.eu release for Redmi 9? Few years ago I also had Redmi Note 2 with an mtk chipset and it had reagular Xiaomi.eu updates and a working TWRP....

So what you are telling us is that there isnt going to be a Xiaomi.eu release for Redmi 9? Few years ago I also had Redmi Note 2 with an mtk chipset and it had reagular Xiaomi.eu updates and a working TWRP....
That's exactly what I'm telling you.
I really don't see the logic behind your statement. If something is true several years ago, then it stays true forever? Things change, Mediatek security was strengthened and we don't have any Xiaomi device with a Mediatek SoC to fix compatibility and test on. Last try was with Redmi Note 8 Pro, and that didn't go too well, we're talking hard-bricks here. So, unless you have a test device to give away, there's nothing we can do here.

Reactions: Echo2124