Redmi Buds Pro 3 settings

G4B33

Members
Aug 11, 2018
It seems that you can't change the settings on the Redmi buds 3. It looks like this on global ROM:

Instead it looks like this on latest xiaomi.eu beta:

Is there any way to be able to use the earbuds to it's full potential? I tried pairing it with the Mi Ai app, but that only works with the Chinese version of the earbuds.

Reactions: Teyer
Since we don't have the headset, there's nothing I can do here. I don't know what app provides this control panel.
Understandable all that I know currently It's ment to be built into the Bluetooth settings for the buds when there connected in miui 12.5 but only available on new models of phones atm tho not 100% sure.

Redmi K30 Pro/ F2 Pro

Understandable all that I know currently It's ment to be built into the Bluetooth settings for the buds when there connected in miui 12.5 but only available on new models of phones atm tho not 100% sure.

Redmi K30 Pro/ F2 Pro
No luck here. I don't know what app that is. Didn't find the strings or images in any of the apps I looked through (Bluetooth.apk, MiuiBluetooth.apk, MiuiBluetoothOverlay.apk, SmartHome.apk, MiSound.apk, MiSettings.apk). Without specific info, nothing to do.

Reactions: cobray2
No luck here. I don't know what app that is. Didn't find the strings or images in any of the apps I looked through (Bluetooth.apk, MiuiBluetooth.apk, MiuiBluetoothOverlay.apk, SmartHome.apk, MiSound.apk, MiSettings.apk). Without specific info, nothing to do.
Thanks for even looking. Strange! If I hear anything else I'll pop it here.

Redmi K30 Pro/ F2 Pro

I'm also very interested on knowing if this feature will get to the Mi 9T.

I realy like these buds, but the adaptative ANC is not very precise. Indoors like office, café or home works fine, but when on the bus or on the street, specially if its windy, they keep turning the ANC on and off, as if the AI would get confused and can't identify the noise level correctly. Those on/off cicles can be uncorfortable when using the buds.

That's why I'll prefer to be able to control the ANC level manualy through the app.

With the Chinese version (Redmi Airbuds 3 Pro), the settings can be accessed with the Mi AI app.

Xiaomi is saying the list of devices (global,EEA) compatible with these settings will be published. Considering xiaomi.eu is based on china stable/weekly, can this actually get implemented?

This makes me afraid that the Mi 9T might not get it, as seems this will be achieved by system update, and the Mi 9T is near EOL. :(

Looks like this control panel screen actually comes from the Settings app rather than MiuiBluetooth, and also exists on China ROMs of course, yet there's no way for me to know why you can't access that screen.

Looks like this control panel screen actually comes from the Settings app rather than MiuiBluetooth, and also exists on China ROMs of course, yet there's no way for me to know why you can't access that screen.
That's great info!! Mi 11 ultra apparently has the settings in the reviews videos unless it would be phone model locked? Only guessing.

Redmi K30 Pro/ F2 Pro

That's great info!! Mi 11 ultra apparently has the settings in the reviews videos unless it would be phone model locked? Only guessing.

Redmi K30 Pro/ F2 Pro
Without having the headset in hand, we can keep guessing forever. ;)

I'm having this same issue. I got those settings on the Poco F3 (alioth) when it updated from official Global MIUI 12.5.2 to 12.5.3, but now I installed the Xiaomi.EU latest weekly and lost the advanced settings.

Is there anything I can do to help identify the issue?

Right now, when I open the buds case, I get a pop up on screen that shows me an animation of my buds exactly as they are and the battery levels, so the MIUI is recognizes that I connected a Redmi Buds 3 Pro, but it still won't show the advanced settings for it.

Screenshot_2021-09-14-00-08-19-836_com.xiaomi.bluetooth.jpg

Screenshot_2021-09-14-00-10-29-968_com.android.settings.jpg

Last edited:
Can't say anything without debugging first hand.
Understood!

Is there any way we can bring this issue to the attention of other developers, in the hope that someone has the headset and is able to debug this?

I'm quite new to the "Custom ROM" thing, but I would like to help in any way I can.

The best clue I have to find a solution is that these settings were added to the Alioth platform in the official Global MIUI 12.5.3 this month, as these settings were not available on the 12.5.2. The settings are also not available on Xiaomi.EU Weekly 21.9.8.

My guess is that some system app that manages these settings was added to the global 12.5.3 build as of this month.

Understood!

Is there any way we can bring this issue to the attention of other developers, in the hope that someone has the headset and is able to debug this?

I'm quite new to the "Custom ROM" thing, but I would like to help in any way I can.

The best clue I have to find a solution is that these settings were added to the Alioth platform in the official Global MIUI 12.5.3 this month, as these settings were not available on the 12.5.2. The settings are also not available on Xiaomi.EU Weekly 21.9.8.

My guess is that some system app that manages these settings was added to the global 12.5.3 build as of this month.
What other developers? It's been my role for the past few years.
These settings are part of the Settings app, and also exist on Weekly 21.9.8. Why they aren't accessible to you is unclear.

What other developers? It's been my role for the past few years.
These settings are part of the Settings app, and also exist on Weekly 21.9.8. Why they aren't accessible to you is unclear.
Oh, ok, I wasn't aware you were the Developer, I thought it was like a team of developers or something.

One other thing that I noticed is that since I installed Xiaomi.EU, my phone specifications started to identify it as Redmi K40 instead of Poco F3. I understand that this is know and shouldn't cause any problems, but is there any chance there is a correlation between the two problems? Maybe these settings are available for the Poco F3 but not for the Redmi K40?

Oh, ok, I wasn't aware you were the Developer, I thought it was like a team of developers or something.
Ideally, it would've been a team, but on ours there's mainly testers, otherwise one person per role, basically.
One other thing that I noticed is that since I installed Xiaomi.EU, my phone specifications started to identify it as Redmi K40 instead of Poco F3. I understand that this is know and shouldn't cause any problems, but is there any chance there is a correlation between the two problems? Maybe these settings are available for the Poco F3 but not for the Redmi K40?
I don't do guessing, but it's very unlikely that the market name has anything to do with it.

Found a apk that gives all the settings and works with my Buds. Have to open the apk tho to get to the settings instead of through the Bluetooth settings.

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

Can you share the APK?

App designer has gave permission spread the word.

DO AT OWN RISK

Google Play Store Link

Apparently works on android roms from api 23.

Other Method

Go to https://zaa.bz/mibudsm8.html

Join there telegram

Tap telegram group name at top and access files and download beta0016.

Virus Total results

Activate the Notification Shade in app settings. So much easier.

Everything!! currently works as well as updating earbuds from 1.0.9.2 - 1.0.9.9

Last edited:
I just found the app myself and was about to post it here, seems that I just wasn't fast enough...

It's so much better being able to use these buds to teir full potential.

It's available now on Google play store. Supports any android rom from api 23