New Redmi K40 Pro - Xiaomi.eu Safetynet Fail + Can't install Chrome + 3DMark Blocked.

TheLion

Members
Mar 19, 2021
Hi, I'm using 21.4.14/15 on my Redmi K40 Pro. I noticed a few bugs, so maybe Xiaomi.eu can fix them, or maybe it's out of their hands? I dunno. I'm not ROOTED eitheer, just flashed straight from Fastboot and setup the phone, logged into my Google account. The normal things.

Regardless, the two bugs I encountered are:

1. I download 3DMark through the Play Store as usual, however, it says it 'can't connect to UL servers' to download the actual benchmarks, nor can I even run a benchmark as a result off not being able to download them. According to UL this is because Xiaomi blocks 3DMark in the firmware. Xiaomi released a statement saying they don't block 3DMark, so I dunno, or maybe just in the firmware of the Redmi K40 Pro branch that Xiaomi.eu uses from China to base their ROM off it is blocked (Weekly). In the stable China ROM that I was using BEFORE I unlocked my bootloader and flashed the Xiaomi.eu ROM, 3DMark was working perfectly fine, the one that comes with the phone (12.0.9.0 and previous versions). So it's definitely a Xiaomi.eu or China Weekly related problem. If this could be fixed that would be great, as I think 3DMark is a valuable benchmark to measure performance of each branch.

2. I can't install Chrome. I can install Chrome Beta or Chrome Dev, but not just the regular stable Chrome from the Play Store. I tap it to Install, it immediately cancels itself. I haven't tried downloading the APK from somewhere other than the Play Store for security reasons, but I find this an interesting bug. Yes, my device is certified in the Play Store Settings also, so just a very strange bug. I can cope with Chrome Beta, but I would prefer the stable version. Youtube or GMail or other Google Apps install just fine, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

These are just two interesting things I discovered in the first maybe hour of flashing. Both these bugs were also present on 21.3.17/18 which was the first Xiaomi.eu ROM for Redmi K40 Pro. I know these are small or miniscule issues, but I hope the devs can find time to fix these things as I feel they are annoying. Especially the 3DMark one as there is no workaround I've been able to find.

Lastly, don't take this as me blaming the devs or anything, because I understand their time is valuable and they may not have access to this device or they may not be aware of these bugs/issues. I can only thank the devs for their hard work and the ROM other than that, has been flawless so far and much better than the regular China ROM. So thank you Devs! If you could investigate these issues and perhaps fix them, the community and I would much appreciate it. Hope you guys are staying safe.

Just an update on this ROM too. I downloaded Safetynet Test app and it says "fail (Can't access Google Play Services)".

Edit: I just tried SafetyNet Helper Sample, it saysthis - CTS Profile Match: true, Basic Integrity: true, Advice: None Available with a green tick.

Really confusing.

Last edited:
Just an update on this ROM too. I downloaded Safetynet Test app and it says "fail (Can't access Google Play Services)".

Edit: I just tried SafetyNet Helper Sample, it saysthis - CTS Profile Match: true, Basic Integrity: true, Advice: None Available with a green tick.

Really confusing.
The first app you tried has been broken for a long time now...

Reactions: TheLion
Okay thank you, that is good to know. I apologise for that, I simply didn't know.

Any idea what is with 3dmark and chrome?
About chrome one of this should work
Clean play store data and reboot the phone then install chrome

Or
Install this app then go to play store and install chrome

And it's has nothing to do with xiaomi i have the same problem on samsung phone

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheLion
About chrome one of this should work
Clean play store data and reboot the phone then install chrome

Or
Install this app then go to play store and install chrome

And it's has nothing to do with xiaomi i have the same problem on samsung phone

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Yo, man thanks so much! Your first suggestion of cleaning the Play Store Data worked! After that I tapped Install on Chrome and it had to install Tri-chrome Libraries and then Chrome installed no issues after that. So if anyone has this problem in future, try wiping the data on Play Store first, it was really easy. I didn't just clean the cache, I wiped all Play Store Data completely and it worked like a charm. I can't thank you enough MMETMA66!

I guess I just wonder now if 3DMark can ever be fixed, as the first two issues have been resolved. Thank you so much guys, the community here is great! :)

Reactions: MMETMA66