Redmi Note 2 Prime From Gearbest With Stock Rom - Reboot Loop + Screen Not Responding

Renth

Members
Nov 21, 2015
Hi everybody,

a few days ago I received my brand new Redmi Note 2 Prime (32GB) from gearbest. I spent a lot of time finding a suitable priced model from within Europe below EUR 200,-. Finally I managed from gearbest UK warehouse and looked forward to it.
First bad news was the price difference between the EUR amount shown on gearbest shop site and what paypal finally charged when fetching the money using their exchange rate to USD. So the phone was already much more expensive than expected but still below EUR 200,-.

Now I received the phone and switched it on without changing anything: First thing reboot loop with mi.com logog. Websearches result in the information that this only happened after some kind of rooting, flashing, etc. Neither of them I did.

After a while I managed to boot into android (this only succeeded 3 times within the past 2 days!). I could change some settings but then the screen did not react any more to any input. Neither did the keys below the screen - only hardware keys are reacting.

So I forced the phone to reboot only to get stuck in the reboot loop again. This is now ongoing and ongoing - I am stuck between reboot loop and non-reacting phone with some occassional seconds in between where I can use it.

As said: This is a brand new phone directly unboxed - nothing installed, nothing downloaded, nothing rooted, nothing flashed!

gearbest just offers either return on my own costs (which finally raises the price of this phone above a level where I could easily by it from some domestic shop) or they offer some ridiculous refunds but I can keep the phone.

So question is: Is there anything I can do here to get the phone working again without rooting/reflashing (using some kind of GSM codes or similar - the tip from here does not work for me. No menu occurs.

2nd question: Rooting and flashing different firmware will void my warranty anyway. But is there any chance that flashing a different firmware would even help in this cases (if not and it is a hardware problem I cannot sent back the phone for repair)?

Preinstalled is MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu 5.10.16 | Beta. Did not install anything yet, no root, no flash.
Can access Fastboot and Recovery.

I am really annoyed and frustrated!

Any help is highly appreciated! Currently searching for help throughout the web. Need to find out whether the software (ROM) is the problem or the mobile device itself.

Bye

Thank you! Beta was not installed by me but by gearbest (mobile came from UK warehouse).

Can I download the hermes ROM, rename it into update.zip and install it from the existing recovery without using TWRP and root? Using OTA does not work since phone claims it cannot find any update or it cannot connect or WiFi is not active (whereas I am connected to my WiFi network).

Since the "official" download link of the xiaomi PC suite does not work and I had no luck in finding the appropriate USB drivers yet, are there any reliable alternative links?

Can I install copied ROM from SD disk using updater or do I have to boot into existing recovery (not TWRP)?

When using updater regardless whether renaming the zip file or not, mobile reboots into recovery showing error, that signature verification failed. So flashing not possible.

When using updater regardless whether renaming the zip file or not, mobile reboots into recovery showing error, that signature verification failed. So flashing not possible.

Ok, now and 'all clear. I had this problem too, most do not know 'how the Rom, I can not remember, but I can look in the forum. My phone did not let me more 'update because of how you write ... a signature changed. I necessarily had to install TWRP recovery. If you do not ... do not you go ahead. Now you have to follow the guidance that you've attached yesterday. Can you do it? If you install TWRP solve problems, I often read in the responses of the staff ... install TWRP Recovery

Ok, adesso e' tutto chiaro. Questo problema l'ho avuto anche io, non so piu' con quale rom, adesso non ricordo, ma posso cercare nel forum. Il mio telefono non mi lasciava piu' aggiornare a causa di come scrivi tu... una firma cambiata. Ho necessariamente dovuto installare recovery TWRP. Se non lo fai... non vai avanti. Ora devi seguire la guida che ti ho allegato ieri. Riesci a farlo? Se installi TWRP risolvi i problemi, ho letto spesso nelle risposte dello staff... installa TWRP Recovery

OCT 16, 2015

Oggi ho installato la rom 5.10.15, purtroppo non mi soddisfa, ma adesso il mio telefono non mi lascia installare versioni precedenti, sai come mai? 5.19.18, 5.10.8.
Io scarico nel telefono e poi uso Updater e vado a selezionare, tutto giusto?

Today I installed the rom 10.05.15, unfortunately does not satisfy me, but now my phone will not let me install earlier versions, you know why? 5.19.18, 5.10.8.
I drain the phone and then use Updater and I go to select, all right?

Answer

A quanto si è capito è stata cambiata la firma della ROM da Xiaomi quindi l'unico modo è installare una recovery alternativa come la TWRP. Cerca la guida.

Xiaomi changed ROM signature and now MiRecovery doesn't accept older Rom(s)

So I now installed this ROM version 7.0.8.0 (http://en.miui.com/download-274.html) but unfortunately phone still behaves the same:
Very often reboot loop and display also very often does not react!

For me it seems a hardware problem of this brand new just unboxed device. What do you think?
Or should I try to install a Fastboot ROM and see whether this might work "normal"?

So I now installed this ROM version 7.0.8.0 (http://en.miui.com/download-274.html) but unfortunately phone still behaves the same:
Very often reboot loop and display also very often does not react!

For me it seems a hardware problem of this brand new just unboxed device. What do you think?
Or should I try to install a Fastboot ROM and see whether this might work "normal"?
Hi. I bought the phone from gearbest too ( the 16 Giga version): it arrived with a russian ROM full of malwares....so I suddendly installed 5.9.18 from xiaomi.eu keeping the original recovery.
A week ago I changed ROM to 5.11.5 installing new Twrp.
Please note that also with the russian ROM I experienced no reboot and no touch problems, so I believe that you have an HW problem. :-(
Send back the phone...

Sent by Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 - Alfio Gardenia

Meanwhile returned the phone and bought another one from a different shop. Still waiting for refund - PayPal case ongoing.
The new one works fine so far using MIUI 5.12.17 Beta from xiaomi.eu.

Reactions: MatrixLinux