New Redmi Note 3 Pro, Can't Boot Up

Zezebro

Members
Mar 1, 2017
Hi everyone! I don't exactly know where to post about this but, something strange happened.
A friend of mine owns a Redmi Note 3 Pro for about a year now, and he asked if i could unlock the bootloader so he could change the ROM, which wasn't original. It was one of those Shop ROMs from GB.
So I took the phone, tried to unlock it using the MiUnlockTool, but I couldn't use it, as it said it was already unlocked. I found that really strange, so I checked using the fastboot command: "fastboot oem device-info", and it really was unlocked. And I still found it strange, but never thought much of it. I flashed TWRP successfully and was able to boot the phone to TWRP. I downloaded Xiaomi.eu's most recent Stable ROM which would be MIUI 9.2.1.0 and flashed the phone. The phone flashed normally no errors, nothing. So I rebooted it, and when I did, the Mi logo showed up, and then the phone shut off. I tried to power it on, but it kept doing the same thing. I can't boot up to TWRP, as it does the same thing. I can only boot up to fastboot. And now that this is happening I checked if the bootloader was unlocked, but for my surprise was locked. And I can't understand why this happened. When I try to use the UnlockTool v1.1 it tells me to upgrade to the most recent one, and when I use the most recent, it tells me that the account is not bound to this phone. And since I can't boot it up anymore I have no clue on what to do. And I had unlocked a few Xiaomi phones in the past, including my Mi5, a Mi5s, Redmi Note 3 and Redmi 4. I unlocked all of them, only by creating a Mi account on that device and applying for the unlock permission. And when was I finally given the permission, I'd just use the UnlockTool, and I'd be done with it. But not this one. Can anybody help me?

Last edited:
Hello,check correct TWRP, check correct ROM .....what happen if you are trying to flash TWRP again ? I 've hat a similar prob. with an Redmi 3s, I could manage it by opening the Back Cover and disconnecting the Battery for a moment....

Hi! I was able to flash the phone on EDL mode using Mi Flash. The phone is now working 100%