Redmi Note 3, Unable To Do Any Kinds Of Updates

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 / Pro' started by harri karjalainen, Apr 12, 2016.

1. harri karjalainen

Feb 3, 2016
    Male
    Hi, any help ?

andoid version 5.0.2 LRX22G
    MIUI version MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu 6.1.14 | beta

exactly the same version since i bought this phone, no automatic updates and i'm not able
    to update this manually either. unlock request was permitted today and when i try to unlock it
    like the tutorial says, i get this message:

upload_2016-4-12_16-58-45.png

2. vonuzu

vonuzuMembers

Feb 13, 2016
    See if you have your imei number

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

3. harri karjalainen

Feb 3, 2016
    Male
    yes i do see it.

4. Borisblank

BorisblankMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Are you sure it's an official ROM you have and not some custom reseller's?

5. harri karjalainen

Feb 3, 2016
    Male
    i'm not sure of anything, bought it from ******* ... it came from Italy...
    and in about phone is this --> MIUI version MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu 6.1.14 | beta

6. Borisblank

BorisblankMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Hmmm, I think it has to be an official MIUI Rom ( it looks as though you are using a Xiaomi Rom which is different) before it will unlock using the MIUI website unlocker - anyone able to confirm or deny?

7. harri karjalainen

Feb 3, 2016
    Male
    So, am i stuck with this rom version forever ?

8. Borisblank

BorisblankMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    #8Borisblank,Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    Ok, not sure exactly where _Miui_ was trying to point you towards (a download link obviously but its in Chinese so hopefully he will kindly provide the same link for the english MIUI forum) but try this for more info http://en.miui.com/forum-86-1.html . There are also threads in this forum about flashing the ROM to the Official MIUI Global Stable 7.1.8 and manually unlocking, however, some folks have ended up with bricked phones.

Read both forums very carefully and have a think about whether you want to risk it or not. Personally I'd leave it as is for a while and see if someone else encounters the same problem and see what the solution is, you have a decent rom installed it does not need to be updated immediately if it is working well. Spend some time reading through the RN3 forum both here and over at MIUI - NOTE there are TWO RN3 phones, the MTK version and the Snapdragon, make sure you read the specific threads (and follow any instructions) for your exact phone.

9. lemon

lemonMembers

Feb 10, 2016
    Hi!

I have the same problem with 6.1.14-Beta-ROM.
    I do not insist to unlock or root the phone. Is there a way to get a newer xiaomi.eu-version on this phone WITHOUT having to install everything from zero?

10. harri karjalainen

Feb 3, 2016
    Male
    Hi, got a reply today from *******.. they sent me this link, haven't tried this yet.

http : // www .*******. com / forum / thread-360004-1-1.html

Share Our Site