Redmi Note 3, Unable To Do Any Kinds Of Updates

Feb 3, 2016
Hi, any help ?

andoid version 5.0.2 LRX22G
MIUI version MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu 6.1.14 | beta

exactly the same version since i bought this phone, no automatic updates and i'm not able
to update this manually either. unlock request was permitted today and when i try to unlock it
like the tutorial says, i get this message:

upload_2016-4-12_16-58-45.png

i'm not sure of anything, bought it from honorbuy ... it came from Italy...
and in about phone is this --> MIUI version MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu 6.1.14 | beta

Hmmm, I think it has to be an official MIUI Rom ( it looks as though you are using a Xiaomi Rom which is different) before it will unlock using the MIUI website unlocker - anyone able to confirm or deny?

Hmmm, I think it has to be an official MIUI Rom ( it looks as though you are using a Xiaomi Rom which is different) before it will unlock using the MIUI website unlocker - anyone able to confirm? Also, it takes about 2 weeks for the Unlock request to be processed, may be you just tried to unlock it too soon?

So, am i stuck with this rom version forever ?

Ok, not sure exactly where _Miui_ was trying to point you towards (a download link obviously but its in Chinese so hopefully he will kindly provide the same link for the english MIUI forum) but try this for more info http://en.miui.com/forum-86-1.html . There are also threads in this forum about flashing the ROM to the Official MIUI Global Stable 7.1.8 and manually unlocking, however, some folks have ended up with bricked phones.

Read both forums very carefully and have a think about whether you want to risk it or not. Personally I'd leave it as is for a while and see if someone else encounters the same problem and see what the solution is, you have a decent rom installed it does not need to be updated immediately if it is working well. Spend some time reading through the RN3 forum both here and over at MIUI - NOTE there are TWO RN3 phones, the MTK version and the Snapdragon, make sure you read the specific threads (and follow any instructions) for your exact phone.

Last edited:
Hi!

I have the same problem with 6.1.14-Beta-ROM.
I do not insist to unlock or root the phone. Is there a way to get a newer xiaomi.eu-version on this phone WITHOUT having to install everything from zero?

Hi!

I have the same problem with 6.1.14-Beta-ROM.
I do not insist to unlock or root the phone. Is there a way to get a newer xiaomi.eu-version on this phone WITHOUT having to install everything from zero?

Hi, got a reply today from honorbuy.. they sent me this link, haven't tried this yet.

http : // www .honorbuy. com / forum / thread-360004-1-1.html