Redmi Note 4 Trouble Installing Eu Rom

Kekmeister

Members
Nov 10, 2016
Hello,

Yesterday I received my note 4 and after witnessing some bugs I wanted to try the EU rom.
Currently I am running the Global 8.0.5.0.0(MBFCNDG) rom.
I successfully unlocked my bootloader using the MiFlashUnlock tool and installed TWRP 3.0.2-0.

After this I ran into some trouble. I put the rom (xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote4_6.11.3_v8-6.0) on my phone, wiped the phone and tried to flash it by installing the zip. Every time I do this the flash stops after 'skipping md5 check', after which it reboots into the original rom. I tried flashing the stable rom (xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote4_V8.0.9.0.MBFCNDG_v8-6.0) but that had the same result.

I have tried doing a (more) complete wipe after which the phone did not boot and I had to restore the backup that I made.

What steps did I miss or what did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Cortez
Hello,

Yesterday I received my note 4 and after witnessing some bugs I wanted to try the EU rom.
Currently I am running the Global 8.0.5.0.0(MBFCNDG) rom.
I successfully unlocked my bootloader using the MiFlashUnlock tool and installed TWRP 3.0.2-0.

After this I ran into some trouble. I put the rom (xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote4_6.11.3_v8-6.0) on my phone, wiped the phone and tried to flash it by installing the zip. Every time I do this the flash stops after 'skipping md5 check', after which it reboots into the original rom. I tried flashing the stable rom (xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote4_V8.0.9.0.MBFCNDG_v8-6.0) but that had the same result.

I have tried doing a (more) complete wipe after which the phone did not boot and I had to restore the backup that I made.

What steps did I miss or what did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance.

how you did unlock bootloader so fast, i send the request befor two weeks and still waiting permision to unlock.

i tried today and its unlocked....but now there are other problems....in twrp i cant erase phone....

Hi, I have the same problem it's looks TWRP work's fine but i can't install any rom's. :-(
I have problem with unlock to, but after connecting phone to USB 2.0 not 3.0 like before everything work's fine and unlock done with success.

Last edited:
I had the same issue. The partition where you want to write system data is encrypted/protected. even when you go into the twrp settings to write to this partition in advanced, it still won't work it just trys then reboots.

This kills it for me (last xiaomi phone) but what you have to do every week for updates is basically reformat and wipe your phone to get any updates. Surprised no one talks about this here.

to do this, go mount> check system> select storage> internal>
then wipe> advanced wipe> system> then swipe.
just like a PC, you wipe the HD then re-format that partition, then go back to install then install your ROM. and yes you should be sweating, as this you are squarely in the brick zone.

So lame- its been a while since I did this (only going to to it once every 6 months or so) but you may have to wipe/format data user data, cache, dalvik as well, in the format data of the factory wipe section.

for me to spend time to have to rebuild my phone from scratch, every update, getting a google phone next, f the cost as this is too time consuming. F you xiaomi.

Reactions: rezagee
This kills it for me (last xiaomi phone) but what you have to do every week for updates is basically reformat and wipe your phone to get any updates. Surprised no one talks about this here.

That's not true. I unlocked my phone 8 weeks ago. Wiped data, installed ROM from xiaomi.eu and updated every week since then without formatting any partition in my phone. Never lost any data, never had any hassle.
It seems like you are doing it wrong.

OK, my zombie phone back to life :)
thank's all for reply, but "fstab" > doesn't work for me, thx anyway.
phone was fix by sp flash tool, with original rom 8.0.3.0
but twrp gone for now

actually going thru the twrp, trying to help I accidentally reset my phone, tried this above and yes it doesn't work.
mine is unlocked and I cannot erase or wipe and if I do or can it will not install the new eu rom. going to make a new help post.

I am having the same problem. TWRP reboots while flashing xiaomi.eu 6.12.1, just after the MD5 check. Tried to format data and wipe data, cache, dalvik, internal storage and system. Same problem. I bet the problem is with partition "cust", I could't even back that one up in TWRP.
I started from a weird unofficial MIU 8.0.5.0.0 global stable (sic) that the store put there.

At last! Just installed xiaomi.eu 6.12.1. :)
As I was having this problem, I installed the official global stable 8.0.4.0 via SP Flash Tool replacing the cust image as the tutorial says (sorry, I cannot post links).

Once there, back to to install TWRP again via fastboot and now the backup didn't fail for "cust" partition. :) After this, just installed xiaomi.eu 6.12.1 from TWRP flawlessly, doing the "format data" before and the wipe cache & dalvik afterwards.

I want to remark though that both the stable 8.0.4.0 and the xiaomi.eu required internet connection during first boot to my Mi account from which the bootloader was unlocked. I think that was because I had the "find device" activated.

EDIT:
About that Mi account issue, certainly I have just deactivated the find device option, done wipe cache/dalvik/data reset and no need to connect again during initialization.

Last edited:
Phone was sent back under warranty to GeekBuying I think it was always f'ed as on global it couldn't update.

Meanwhile, I got a nexus 6p which is flawless, $400 cdn thru my plan, and got extended drop warranty for 14 buck a month.

Is it better? software wise miui is a great os, but is slow to update, this 6p is a year and half old and I get 7.1 (CM14.1) and a great flashing app for it. Is CM14 better than Miui? no actually. But the stock unlock wipe flash was done in minutes (wugfresh), with zero adb comandline and no xiaomi account begging for an unlock.

Physically, is the 6p better than the Redmi note 4? no. the finishing is actually far better on the note 4. buttons on 6p are in the middle of the phone so you are constantly turning it to vibrate.

Will I ever buy a xiaomi phone again (my 3rd so far)?

No.

Because as soon as you are in the woods, you are toast. Warranty RMA's take forever, I expect my phone back in February. No drop warranty, xiaomi drops you via updates quickly (redmi note 1 and 2), you have to beg to unlock the bootloader- which I believe re-locks at random.

Its too much messing around. I spend 20 hours trying to fix this- I am able to compile kernels on Linux (technically competent). Its not worth it. The 6p has millions of users on xda. the note 4, the better phone has tens.

Last edited:
Phone was sent back under warranty to GeekBuying I think it was always f'ed as on global it couldn't update.

Meanwhile, I got a nexus 6p which is flawless, $400 cdn thru my plan, and got extended drop warranty for 14 buck a month.

Is it better? software wise miui is a great os, but is slow to update, this 6p is a year and half old and I get 7.1 (CM14.1) and a great flashing app for it. Is CM14 better than Miui? no actually. But the stock unlock wipe flash was done in minutes (wugfresh), with zero adb comandline and no xiaomi account begging for an unlock.

Physically, is the 6p better than the Redmi note 4? no. the finishing is actually far better on the note 4. buttons on 6p are in the middle of the phone so you are constantly turning it to vibrate.

Will I ever buy a xiaomi phone again (my 3rd so far)?

No.

Because as soon as you are in the woods, you are toast. Warranty RMA's take forever, I expect my phone back in February. No drop warranty, xiaomi drops you via updates quickly (redmi note 1 and 2), you have to beg to unlock the bootloader- which I believe re-locks at random.

Its too much messing around. I spend 20 hours trying to fix this- I am able to compile kernels on Linux (technically competent). Its not worth it. The 6p has millions of users on xda. the note 4, the better phone has tens.

You bought a phone that is only officially released in China. If you wanted better support, you should have gotten a phone that actually had a global variant/target market. You imported the device, like any import the RMA's do take forever.

"Begging" to unlock bootloader and relocking at random? That's a pretty conceited opinion, I've no idea where you got the "random relocking" claim from. Probably from people who stuck with regular OTA updates not knowing better, and had no idea that fastboot oem unlock would just undo it instantly.

Unlocking your Nexus device might have been quick, sure. What you don't realize is that is would have been quick for someone if they stole your Nexus too. It never occured to you how secure the Xiaomi devices are? The fact that they require strong and solid verification of it being the owner who's actually unlocking the device?

Nexus 6p is old and slow, and doesn't have official MIUI. Judging a phone by the amount of users? By that logic, the iPhone is better than the 6p lol.

People buy Xiaomi devices for one reason and one reason alone - MIUI. You either had a bad luck and got a dud device (it happens) or refused to perform an SP Flash process to try and fix it, and you were too impatient to wait a few days for an unlock and/or don't seem to understand or appreciate the extra layer of security involved.

Xiaomi devices are the most popular device in China, they're the 4th biggest smartphone maker in the world. Not too far behind Huawei who makes your Nexus 6p. The difference between the Nexus 6p and Xiaomi device is that most Nexus 6p users are hobbyists, developers, and other such related nerds and geeks, whereas Xiaomi users are business types, and people with lifestyles that doesn't revolve around Android hacking and tweaking.

And again, you got a phone which is exclusive to China market, voluntarily importing - you should have known those risks when you got the device.

You've opted for quantity over quality, in my opinion. AOSP 7.x, CM14, and all the other AOSP forks have nothing on MIUI. Suit yourself - none of us nor Xiaomi will miss you lol. But thanks for sharing your heartbreak and rage with us, good luck and so long!

lol cowmodanny what a hot air bag you are.

adb'ed oem lock/unlock and it relocked at fastboot.

already talked about the cm14.1 tradeoff vs miui, so why are you repeating it?

oh ya, airbag no low reading comprehension skills dano.

If I want security I will ask for it, otherwise its my 100% property.

Who are you to talk about security, this whole forum and ALL its users forfeited their so called security, warranty AND had to request xiaomi to unlock and had to set up an account with them to do so.

Not saying its a worse phone than the 6p but with the 6p I can re-lock and stock to send back if it fails.... can you do that? no.

and I am not going to miss blowing hours and hours updating the phone and lagging behind android development, hoping and praying that xiaomi will get me to nougat.

If you feel you need to continue wasting your time replying to this, go ahead. I'm done.