New Redmi Note 7 4/64 Stable and Weekly Play Store "Server Error"


Palanthas

Members
Jun 1, 2019
5
13
Hello,
After trying LineageOS which worked great but to be honest didn't impress me as much as MIUI, I decided to try out the weekly rom "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote7_9.5.30_v10-9".
It installed just fine but Play Store refuses to open giving me a Sever Error. I manually installed the latest apk from apk mirror, but didn't fix it. Play Services do not show up in Apps but when I try to install the latest apk from apkmirror, it asks me if I want to replace the existing version and then installation fails.
I just installed the latest stable "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote7_V10.3.2.0.PFGCNXM_v10-9" and I get the same Play Store error.
I did notice that when it's asking me to "copy phone" from an older backup, it reads wifi passwords and contacts but shows me no options for apps, dunno if this will help.
Bear in mind I have wiped Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, System, Vendor, Data before when I installed LineageOS.

EDIT: On the stable version, after waiting for a few minutes, the latest services installed just fined and Play Store now works. That didn't happen in the weekly though. Feel free to delete this bug.

EDIT 2: Play Store does show applications and my history of purchases, etc. but can't install anything. I get "can't update <app name>. Try again, and if it still doesn't work, see common ways to fix the problem". Waiting to see if it's still downloading Play Services updates in the background.

EDIT 3: Cleared Cache and Data. Got a Server Error for a couple of times, refreshed and installed a random app (Netflix). When I tried to install the next one, I got the same behavior. Cleared cache and data again. stopped service, restarted, nothing downloads and installs anymore. There's definitely something wrong with Play Store on Redmi Note 7.
 
Last edited:

Palanthas

Members
Jun 1, 2019
5
13
I suspected some Google servers error but I also think that it could have something to do with the preinstalled version of Play Store that comes with the ROMS.
In both case it was 13.x while the latest version is 15.x (15.1.24) to be precise.
Eventually, after a few minutes and a couple of updates later, Play Store started working as it should.
Of course it could just have been an unlucky coincidence and the google servers decided to crash at that moment.
Thanks for letting me know mate :)