Redmi Note 7 pro (violet) - binding device to Mi account fails.

frofa

Members
Mar 31, 2017
I have just recently received the new Redmi Note 7 pro (codename "violet"), onto which I want to install the EU ROM. I have done this before for other Xiaomi phones (Redmi Note 3, Mi Note 3, Mi Pad 4 plus) without any problem, but with the violet I fail at the very first step - binding the device to a MI account.In the Developer options, when I check the unlocking status and attempt to bind the phone, I click the button for it, and wait. It takes a long time, then it comes back with error 20091 and tells me it could not successfully perform the binding. There is no other option. Using a VPN in Hong Kong also makes no difference.
The phone has the latest stable MIUI 10 installed (Chinese version, of course), and the phone numbers are registered on the Mi account.

Does anyone have an idea what could I could try?

Last edited:
Это говорит о том, что он привязан к другой учетной записи. Напишите продавцу, пусть его развяжут. Тогда все получится.

This suggests that it is tied to another account. Write to the seller, let him untie him. Then everything will work out.

The problem has solved itself somehow. Maybe because the phone is in use for more days, or because I updated it to the latest China stable ROM (no EU ROM yet - that's why I need to unlock it in the first place). Anyway, after having used the phone like three days (and updating), the binding worked. The only thing I had to do was to log out of the Mi account and log in again. This I had of course also tried before, and it hadn't worked. Anyway, now it DID work, and I have the impression that the reason is that I used the phone for a couple of days after I bought it and first activated the SIM cards on the Mi account.

Now I "just" have the normal waiting time - and in around 320 hours I can unlock it and flash TWRP. There is no EU ROM for violet yet, but I am optimistic that there will be one soon.