Invalid Redmi note7 EU stable ROM v11.0.4, GPS is not stable

expert123

Members
Apr 19, 2019
Hey, not sure it's a bug or not.

I have been used EU stable ROM from v10.x.y to 11.0.4, GPS was stable.

After I upgraded to v11.0.4, initially, GPS was table, too.

But since last week, GPS is NOT stable. So weird. I tried to diable navigation map power saver mode, it didn't help, either.

I'm based in China Mainland. Anything wrong?

I googled some posts said EU ROM uses NTP servers that not in China in gps.conf, not sure whether it's relevant or not.

Thanks.

We use proper European NTP servers. Whatever the issue is, it's not with our ROM.
Code:
#NTP server
NTP_SERVER=time.izatcloud.net
NTP_SERVER_2=europe.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER_3=0.de.pool.ntp.org

We use proper European NTP servers. Whatever the issue is, it's not with our ROM.
Code:
#NTP server
NTP_SERVER=time.izatcloud.net
NTP_SERVER_2=europe.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER_3=0.de.pool.ntp.org

Thanks for your quick reply.

I tested those domain, and they're all reachable.

It seems the first one has many CNAMEs, it responsed me a ntp server in China.

So it has nothing to do with NTP of GPS settings.

Thanks anyway.

Hey, not sure it's a bug or not.

I have been used EU stable ROM from v10.x.y to 11.0.4, GPS was stable.

After I upgraded to v11.0.4, initially, GPS was table, too.

But since last week, GPS is NOT stable. So weird. I tried to diable navigation map power saver mode, it didn't help, either.

I'm based in China Mainland. Anything wrong?

I googled some posts said EU ROM uses NTP servers that not in China in gps.conf, not sure whether it's relevant or not.

Thanks.
Even in case you delete gps.conf (or rename it for test purpose) you will get a stable fix. It takes Much longer because satellite data transmission is very low to transmit the preset previously given by software.
Use a GPS test application from the store in order to chzck and see what happens in your case.

Even in case you delete gps.conf (or rename it for test purpose) you will get a stable fix. It takes Much longer because satellite data transmission is very low to transmit the preset previously given by software.
Use a GPS test application from the store in order to chzck and see what happens in your case.

Just curious, how to edit gpd.conf ? It seems I have to root my phone. :)

And I installed GPS test and check it out what happened.
Thanks.

Yes, I did.

I unlocked MIUI, installed TWRP recovery and flashed EU stable ROM.

Could you show me how to check and edit gps.conf by TWRP?

Thanks,
You can use ADB push/pull instruction or copy/ past via TWRP file explorer, and modify the file as your wishes.

Update:
1. I used ADB to push gps.conf of v11.0.3 and v11.0.4, and compared them. And there is exactly the same. :)
2. I flashed Chinese Stable v11.0.4 and pushed gps.conf, compared with EU's, the only difference between EU and CN is the SUPL host. It uses

SUPL_HOST=supl.qxwz.com as an alternative of www.google.com. As you may know, google is not avaiable here.

So it seems it has nothing to do with NTP servers.

Reactions: LOLO9393