Remote keeps losing its pairing

Jun 13, 2018
Hello,
I've been using Mi Box for a while but lately I am experiencing an annoying issue:
Every day or two the remote stops working, and the only way to make it work again is by using the phone remote app, going to settings, delete the pairing of the remote and re- pair it.
Any ideas how to solve this?

Aug 28, 2017
Have you tried another pair of batteries?
I had a similar problem when using Ikea AAA 500ma/h rechargable batteries with mibox remote. Solved it by changing to 900ma/h Ikea batteries.
When using the 500's, it only showed 40% of charge even when the batteries have been charged a few moments before.

Nov 9, 2017
The pairing is stored in the box, not in the remote, my remote was without battery for 2 weeks still paired when I install Battery 2 weeks later

Sent from my LG-K500 using Tapatalk

MarkHUK

Xiaomi.eu Founder
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
The pairing is stored in the box, not in the remote, my remote was without battery for 2 weeks still paired when I install Battery 2 weeks later

Sent from my LG-K500 using Tapatalk
Bluetooth pairing works on MAC and Pairing Key, as long as that link isn't lost it will remain even if your BT device goes out of range. It is like a permission that needs to be revoked to reset it.

Jun 14, 2018
best to not use recharchable anyways, just buy some normal batteries, they will last over a year, still have the same duracel in them for over 10 months now
*tsk* There's no technical reason for this recommendation of which I'm aware.

I became fed up with alkaleak batteries a couple years ago, after Yet Another Set Of Alkaleaks Ruined Yet Another Device. I began to phase them out. Now I have a raft of Eneloop rechargeable AAs and AAAs. (And a couple sets of Energizer equivalent for evaluation.) The stuff that needs to go long times w/o use, but I want to be certain will be working when I need it get Energizer (primary [that means non-rechargeable]) lithium batteries. Everything else, including all remotes, get Eneloops or the rechargeable Energizers.