New Removing OTG USB disks causes 3rd part apps FC

Jul 30, 2013
Hi,
Every time I remove USB disks some 3rd pard apps crash. (maildroid pro, beautiful widget pro and swiftkey).
I have mi2s with latest multilang.
I tried to wipe (with CMR) and cleanly reinstall everything from the beginning, but nothing :(
Someone has my some problem???

Jul 9, 2013
yes, you are not alone
my otg cable arrived today and i faced the same problem, in my case swiftkey was force closing (i don't have the other apps you mention)

Jul 30, 2013
Yeeep :) finally i got a feedback... I've been reporting this bug in all the miui forums.
Hope to find a solution soon!

Jul 9, 2013
after some searching, this seems to be a common issue (at least for swiftkey i found 5 different threads/bug reports) with other roms/devices and even on stock roms, so i guess it's not miui's fault, restarting is the only solution

Jul 30, 2013
Thank to marios for the references!

It seems that crashing when you unplug OTG devices is a known bug in JB 4.1 (and related roms) which should be fixed in 4.2 kernels...

Sent from Xiaomi Mi2S

Jan 15, 2013
After some investigation I see that apps stored in /mnt/asec are paid apps, like business calendar pro and swiftkey. It seems that miui ROM cannot mount asec partition after umount USB storage. My Acer iconia with jb 4.1.2 and same paid apps in asec partition doesn't have this issue...

This is a possible workaround: http://www.modaco.com/topic/361776-xmod-disable-play-store-encryption-mntasec/
Not tested yet