New Removing OTG USB disks causes 3rd part apps FC

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by mblowt, Aug 3, 2013.

1. mblowt

mblowtMembers

Jul 30, 2013
    Male
    Hi,
    Every time I remove USB disks some 3rd pard apps crash. (maildroid pro, beautiful widget pro and swiftkey).
    I have mi2s with latest multilang.
    I tried to wipe (with CMR) and cleanly reinstall everything from the beginning, but nothing :(
    Someone has my some problem???

2. marios.tesla

Jul 9, 2013
    Male
    Nicosia, Cyprus
    yes, you are not alone
    my otg cable arrived today and i faced the same problem, in my case swiftkey was force closing (i don't have the other apps you mention)

3. mblowt

mblowtMembers

Jul 30, 2013
    Male
    Yeeep :) finally i got a feedback... I've been reporting this bug in all the miui forums.
    Hope to find a solution soon!

4. marios.tesla

Jul 9, 2013
    Male
    Nicosia, Cyprus
    after some searching, this seems to be a common issue (at least for swiftkey i found 5 different threads/bug reports) with other roms/devices and even on stock roms, so i guess it's not miui's fault, restarting is the only solution

5. mblowt

mblowtMembers

Jul 30, 2013
    Male
    Really? Could you post these threads please?
    I will write to the developer to deepen the matter

6. patton82

patton82Members

Jan 15, 2013
    Male
    Italy
    Same problem with business calendar pro, endomondo pro, jump rdp and more. I see all this apps are stored in /mnt/asec

7. mblowt

mblowtMembers

Jul 30, 2013
    Male
    Thank to marios for the references!

It seems that crashing when you unplug OTG devices is a known bug in JB 4.1 (and related roms) which should be fixed in 4.2 kernels...

Sent from Xiaomi Mi2S

8. patton82

patton82Members

Jan 15, 2013
    Male
    Italy
    After some investigation I see that apps stored in /mnt/asec are paid apps, like business calendar pro and swiftkey. It seems that miui ROM cannot mount asec partition after umount USB storage. My Acer iconia with jb 4.1.2 and same paid apps in asec partition doesn't have this issue...

This is a possible workaround: http://www.modaco.com/topic/361776-xmod-disable-play-store-encryption-mntasec/
    Not tested yet

ingbrzy likes this.
  9. marios.tesla

Jul 9, 2013
    Male
    Nicosia, Cyprus
    it won't work :( , it uses the xposed framework, which i tried and resulted in bootloop

10. patton82

patton82Members

Jan 15, 2013
    Male
    Italy
    Anyone find a solution for this issue? On miui 3.10.11 this problem is still here

11. mblowt

mblowtMembers

Jul 30, 2013
    Male
    Unfortunately seems not

Share Our Site