New [RESOLVED][m0 | I9300] install assert does not recognise device

jwchips

Members
Sep 22, 2011
Note: An Update to my recovery (TWRP) has fixed the issue. Sorry MIUI, this wasn't your bug!

Hi All,

I've got a recurring issue with MIUIAndroid builds - the script assert doesn't recognise my device and fails every week. I have to manually edit the updater-script on my device, which is a PITA. I've attached the updater-script and the build.prop and would appreciate it if someone could take a look and tell me whats going wrong. I'm using official TWRP recovery which (as far as I can see) doesn't have an option to disable the asserts.

The problematic code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "m0" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "m0" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxys3" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxys3" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9300" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9300");

My ro.product device = m0
My ro.build.product = m0

Note: Added .txt extensions to build.prop & updater-script so I could upload them.

Attachments

• build.prop.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 485
  • updater-script.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 293
If your device is m0, that is in the assertion check. So its your recovery that is busted.

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "m0" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "m0"

If your device is m0, that is in the assertion check. So its your recovery that is busted.

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "m0" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "m0"

Yeah I can see that is should be working, but it isnt, hence the post :). I'm wondering if /system wasn't mounted and should have been, or vice versa. Also TWRP is the official version and was installed via goo, and also has some nice features (exFAT support, psuedo-terminal and batch flashing so I don't want to switch. What options am I left with?

Edit: I'm also losing my custom icons/boot animation/lockscreen wallpaper on each flash, whats with that?

Yeah I can see that is should be working, but it isnt, hence the post :). I'm wondering if /system wasn't mounted and should have been, or vice versa. Also TWRP is the official version and was installed via goo, and also has some nice features (exFAT support, psuedo-terminal and batch flashing so I don't want to switch. What options am I left with?

Edit: I'm also losing my custom icons/boot animation/lockscreen wallpaper on each flash, whats with that?
you definitively should switch to another CWM recovery...

you definitively should switch to another CWM recovery...
I've reached out to Dees_Troy who maintains TWRP for my device (have you tried TWRP? Its hard to go back once you're used to its features, and it also has the SDS fix for my device) but I'm still not sure where the blame lies as I never had an issue with any other files, and IIRC I've had this issue on CWM too (albeit a looong time ago, when miui for the i9300 was just released). Could the theme issue also be recovery related? I always wipe cache & dalvik, where are the theme files stored?

We can double check the updater-file for spaces and what not, but I don't think there is a problem. We haven't touched updater-scripts in 5 months.

We can double check the updater-file for spaces and what not, but I don't think there is a problem. We haven't touched updater-scripts in 5 months.
I've done some research and remembered that I also have a default.prop located in / and another default.prop in /system as well as my build.prop. So which prop file is the script looking at? Seems like it may be a recovery issues as you've said (sorry for doubting you!) as the problem is also documented here. Any light you could shed on the subject would be great, I'd like to learn as well as find a solution.