Restart when using lastpass

foroul

Members
Jul 13, 2013
After logged in lastpass and want to switch to another application by long pressing home button the launcher crash. Sometimes the whole phone restarts.

Short home press works well, it goes back to the home screen.

Same happens when edit a field in lastpass. Long press inside an edit field crash the phone.

It happens all time and can be reproduced on MI2S and P990. ROM version 3.7.12 but it happened on the previous version too.

I am also getting this error this error as well even at the log in screen with the long press on the login prompt. I never saw this in 3.7.12 only in 3.7.19. I have emailed lastpass for assistance but think it is the MIUI rom as i have never had this issue on my nexus 4 or note 2.

So I found the fix. There is an option in miui Rom to show a magnifying glass like the iphone to select the text you want to change. Disabling this option has stopped the lastpass app from rebooting when long pressing on any text field.

Thanks
Craig

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk 2

This workaround works against phone reboot. Launcher crash with null pointer exception when long pressing home is still an issue.

i don't see this issue on 3.7.26 and using nova launcher where all a long press on the home button on my mi2s whilst editing a field within last pass just gets rid of the notification bar.

I tried nova launcher and it is fc too. Method:
(1) start an application which ask a password
(2) short press home, start lastpass, log-in lastpass
(3) copy the password to the clipboard
(4) long pressing home to switch the original app. Usually the app switcher comes out but now the launcher fc.

Tested on 3.8.2 with the original miui launcher and nova.

And the phone still reboot when magnify glass is "on" and long press am input field in lastpass

I find on your option 4 when long pressing the home button whilst in lastpass I just lose my notification bar and have to go into the list of applications to switch back to the one I want to copy the password into.

This is what I have my keys set to in settings.

uploadfromtaptalk1375619090983.jpg

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk 2

Both bug still persist in multilang 3.9.6. The changelog say "Fix - In some third-party apps, long press on the input box causes restart" but long press on input box in LastPass still restart the phone

I wondered if this had been fixed as I saw that as well. Thanks for letting me know.

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk 4

3.9.13 multilingual: reboot bug solved , long pressing input field works fine with magnify glass 'on'. The other bug - long pressing home in lastpass fc the launcher - still persist.