New Restoring local backup issues

NXTwoThou

Members
May 31, 2019
Moved to Android a month ago from W10M with a Mi9 Transparent Edition. As soon as the unlock timer expired, I moved to xiaomi.eu and I've been doing the weekly roms. I appreciate the new feature enhancements and bug fixes but I'm a bit frustrated with the restore experience. I updated to 9.5.30 this morning and made a list of the issues I've had with every build: The process I follow is use the create local backup feature, then copy the backup to my PC, wipe system/data, install rom, set to file transfer mode, copy local backup/media(DCIM/Pictures/Ringtones/Music) back, restore local backup.

1) Theme doesn't restore
2) Night mode setting doesn't restore
3) Swiftkey keyboard, Twitter, Snapchat, Netflix, Messenger, Linkedin, Facebook stops responding when launching after a restore. Attempted clearing the cache, same issue. Attempted clearing data, same issue. Forced to uninstall and reinstall. Instagram had the same not responding but was fixable by clearing cache/data.
4) Settings like default launcher and keyboard don't restore
5) Notification sounds don't restore.
5a) Why does Messaging have 5 lines for selecting the notification sounds called "Message"? How are they different?

When making a local backup, it trashes my launcher settings(Launcher 10, but that's probably better handled by me talking to the Launcher 10 people)

Besides not ever getting Google Pay to work(done all the clearing folder recommendations to no avail) and being back to Widevine L3, I've been loving everything else.