Resolved Return blank messages doesn't work 22.10.19

Smadd

Members
Oct 19, 2022
Mi 11 ultra I have issue with permission access to contacts and option "return blank messages". When select this option it work like allow send all my contact instead of blank. Additionaly when you install new app it by default set "return blank".

*Tested with apk "birthdays" (expected: with "return blank messages" it should return empty array. Actual result: read all contacts)

Xiaomi.eu - 22.10.19
Permission.apk — 1.8.3
Security.apk- 7.1.8-220921.0.1

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-23-01-07-46-224_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-23-01-07-46-224_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 444
On new device mi 11 ultra after format data still this issue. Seems like was removed some required system apk/plugin for security apk during debloat.

Xiaomi.eu 22.10.26

Not an Android developer though, so when reporting issues, try to do that without baseless speculations.
On china firmware mi 11 ultra (stable) it works well, so i wrote, "Seems like" (suspicion).

Ps: if this bug original china dev firmware - sorry. I just wanted to know if someone heard about this privacy/security issue (seems like nope)

Last edited:
Ps: if this bug original china dev firmware - sorry. I just wanted to know if someone heard about this privacy/security issue (seems like nope)
Didn't say that it's a China ROM bug, I just said that the assumption that "was removed some required system apk/plugin for security apk during debloat" is baseless, just adds to the confusion.
Make a detailed screen recording of the issue.

Steps to reproduce

precondition: you must have some contacts in the system.

1) Install any app that has access to contacts (e.g "birthdays" from Google Play)
2) Open app with the activity that has contacts list

Expected result: app shows empty contacts list (due to "return blank messages" permission that was set system by default).

Actual result: received access to full contact list and show in app

Reactions: Birraque
Video:
Bug on mi 11 ultra (star) :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Expected as on china stable:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Birraque