Rn 3 Se /kate How To Unlock The Bootloader

kyosev

Members
Jan 16, 2016
Hello,
can anybody explain how to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 3 SE /KATE? I think the standard way with MI Unlocker doesn't work, the process stopped at 50% with error like "different accounts" bla bla... I need to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP, xiaomi.eu room and root the phone.
Thank in advance
Regards

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Hello,
can anybody explain how to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 3 SE /KATE? I think the standard way with MI Unlocker doesn't work, the process stopped at 50% with error like "different accounts" bla bla... I need to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP, xiaomi.eu room and root the phone.
Thank in advance
Regards

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Enable oem unlock mode from developer settings first. Then unlock the bootloader.

Reactions: Wilderone
Are you sure? I mean RN 3 Spetial Edition, not RN 3 Pro or other Xiaomi phones. The standard official way is not working for that device.

Изпратено от моят M3s с помощта на Tapatalk

Are you sure? I mean RN 3 Spetial Edition, not RN 3 Pro or other Xiaomi phones. The standard official way is not working for that device.

Too bad then, worked for me perfectly.
Flashed dev rom, enabled oem unlock from dev options and unlocked bootloader.
Also I deleted my previous devices from micloud devices. Then I got passed the 50%.

Reactions: Tppap and Wilderone
Tested. Doesn't work.

Yes, I tried, but it always returned an error, even I have added my miui account in the account menu.

I did it. No success. I can't add account and device. Touching that button alwais return an error.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I did it. No success. I can't add account and device. Touching that button alwais return an error.

Hello,
I had the same problem as you.
"Add account and device" under Mi Unlock status never worked.

Try these instructions please:

For those of you who are stuck on 50% Couldn't verify device - ''Current account is different from the account info on the device''
I would stongley advise to flash recovery and do nandroid backup before you proceed in case of bootloops, IMEI lose etc...
Don't forget to backup your data!!!

Files you'll need
* MiFlash 2016.08.30.0
* ROM File: kate_global_images_6.7.14_20160629.0000.25_6.0_global_1b43c8f07f.tgz
bigota. d.miui. com/6.7.14/kate_global_images_6.7.14_20160629.0000.25_6.0_global_1b43c8f07f.tgz
(remove spaces, can't insert urls)
* Mi Unlock Tool v1.1

1. flash kate_global_images_6.7.14_20160629.0000.25_6.0_global_1b43c8f07f using MiFlash 2016.08.30.0
2. reboot device
3. hard reset the device Settings>Additional Settings>Backup & Reset>Factory Data Reset>Reset Phone
4. cleanboot the device
5. setup your Mi Account (I used mobile number)
6. go to Settings>About phone and tap on "MIUI Version" 7 times to enable "Developer Options"
7. go to Settings>Additional Settings>Developer Options, enable "OEM unlocking" and "USB Debugging"
8. connect device to the computer and authorize USB Debugging on the device
9. disconnect device from Computer
10. login to i.mi.com (I used mobile number)
11. find device
12. power off the device
13. boot the device into fasboot mode - hold volume down+power
14. login Mi Unlock v1.1 (I used mobile number)
15. connect the phone to computer
16. proceed with UNLOCK

Please report back if it worked...

I have read a few posts on en.miui about this error message when attempting to "Add Account & Device"

This has been solved in a few cases by factory resetting the device & sign-in to.Mi Account during setup then attempting to "Add Account & Device" again.

I have read a few posts on en.miui about this error message when attempting to "Add Account & Device"
This has been solved in a few cases by factory resetting the device & sign-in to.Mi Account during setup then attempting to "Add Account & Device" again.

I was on 6.12.15 and did multiple factory resets trying to resolve the issue with unlocking.
Nothing worked.
"Couldn't verify, wait a minute or two and try again" in Mi Unlock status.
With kate_global_images_6.7.14_20160629.0000.25_6.0_global_1b43c8f07f.tgz and following the steps above it worked first try.
Here is one of my many threads at en.miui forum.
http ://en.miui.com/thread-462411-1-1.html