RN7 & RN7Pro Dual-LED

Dec 21, 2018
Can anyone confirm if the dual-LED flash is single-tone or dual-tone? On the official MI India website a single-tone flash is specified for the RN7Pro. However on some online shops a dual-tone flash is specified. I find it very confusing...

On my RN7Pro device the right LED is brighter than the left LED. Is this normal? Can anyone please confirm this? I think this is evidence of a dual-tone flash. The right LED should be the cold one since it is brighter, while the left LED should be the warm one...at least in theory.

But if it's actually a single-tone LED, then I'm not 100% sure if it's supposed to be a cold or a warm one since they don't emit the same amount of brightness...

I would really appreciate it if anyone could edify me about my dilemma.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Joshua Pau
Can anyone confirm if the dual-LED flash is single-tone or dual-tone? On the official MI India website a single-tone flash is specified for the RN7Pro. However on some online shops a dual-tone flash is specified. I find it very confusing...

On my RN7Pro device the right LED is brighter than the left LED. Is this normal? Can anyone please confirm this? I think this is evidence of a dual-tone flash. The right LED should be the cold one since it is brighter, while the left LED should be the warm one...at least in theory.

But if it's actually a single-tone LED, then I'm not 100% sure if it's supposed to be a cold or a warm one since they don't emit the same amount of brightness...

I would really appreciate it if anyone could edify me about my dilemma.

Thanks in advance!
Hi.
Mine is RN7 4/64 chinese version with Dual-LED and same color in both.

Hi.
Mine is RN7 4/64 chinese version with Dual-LED and same color in both.

Thanks for the reply!

Perhaps I'm paying too much attention to detail. If you look for 15 seconds directly into the flash, your eyes will slowly accommodate and you will be able to see a difference between the right LED and the left LED. Maybe it's just me and everything's actually fine.