ROM installation problem

Aug 31, 2013
Hi Guys

Me name is Kassana, from London. Love my Xiaomi mi2s. I want to install a custom ROM (WIUI) - just because I love to do that.

I have 2 problems

1. After installation of clockwork recovery - When wiping cache - it gets stuck.
2. When trying to install rom through updater or CWM - nothing happens.

I have look through the forums but to no avail. Someone should create a guide from the very beginning how to do this, how to root, how to install, every step, a proper idiots guide.

Notes - miflash works. Nothing else does

Sep 21, 2012
Have you verified it is not a fake or not?
Try flashing any original rom too

Yes but the official roms come in exe files not zips
official are BOTH
exe are fastboot versions, zip are for updater/recovery

Aug 31, 2013
Thank you for your time tubecat. Through miflash I can flash fastboot official and developer ROMS no problem.

I just want to flash some custom roms through updater or CWM.

Aug 31, 2013
Through recovery it does flash. But CWM doesn't work because nothing happens it freezes. Infact, just to add, I can't access my recovery through volume up and Power

I can access it through it updater app. But CWM doesn't function.

Feb 20, 2013
Try this:

1) Reset phone to absolute factory settings using MiFlash
2) Download latest MiuiAndroid ROM, rename it to update.zip and try flashing it using MiRecovery to system 1.
3) clear EVERYTHING in the MiRecovery(cache/data/etc.)
4) Reboot into the MiuiAndroid ROM(system 1)
5) Try flashing WIUI using the updater app, this will install WIUI in the system 2 partition. Reboot, it should boot into WIUI.
6) Download CWM, flash it and reboot into CWM.
7) Enable True Dual Boot and reset both system1 and system2 partitions back to factory setting using CWM. After that clear Dalvik cache and set the boot partition to 1 if you want to boot into the MIUIAndroid ROM or 2 if you want to boot into WIUI.
8) Reboot phone
9) Profit!

That should work. :)

Aug 31, 2013
Try this:

1) Reset phone to absolute factory settings using MiFlash
2) Download latest MiuiAndroid ROM, rename it to update.zip and try flashing it using MiRecovery to system 1.
3) clear EVERYTHING in the MiRecovery(cache/data/etc.)
4) Reboot into the MiuiAndroid ROM(system 1)
5) Try flashing WIUI using the updater app, this will install WIUI in the system 2 partition. Reboot, it should boot into WIUI.
6) Download CWM, flash it and reboot into CWM.
7) Enable True Dual Boot and reset both system1 and system2 partitions back to factory setting using CWM. After that clear Dalvik cache and set the boot partition to 1 if you want to boot into the MIUIAndroid ROM or 2 if you want to boot into WIUI.
8) Reboot phone
9) Profit!

That should work. :)

ON STEP 2
OKay -that was a complete failure, was stuck on 98% for like 15 minutes. See pic.

Attachments

Sep 21, 2012
I need to verify one more thing
What version of WIUI are you flashing?
You can't flash version lower than MIUI and absolutelly no MIUI v4 base

Forget it, you have errors before.
Are you able to flash JLB20 - JLB21 versions in fastboot mode?

Sep 9, 2013
Hello, I had same problem. Unable to flash via Updater app, CWM and stock recovery. Only way to flash was to use MiFlash and flash stock ROM. But then I install CWM again and in Advanced menu used fix permission on both system partitions. Hope that helps.