- Dec 27, 2011
Based on latest MiuiAndroid English ROM
Disable software (CPU) rendering - Full Snapdragon (GPU) rendering:
Disable CPU rendering, ostensibly to improve both battery life and performance.
Essentially, it rewrites the relevant configuration file to render from only the GPU. This would increase performance and battery because the CPU is being freed up to perform other tasks.
Init.d has a special place in Android. With it, users can install scripts and mods to run at boot, and thus modify almost any aspect of the phone that they want. There are battery tweaks, performance tweaks, GPS tweaks, signal tweaks, and the list goes on and on. However for these scripts to work, the phone must first have init.d support
1.DNS- A lot of the lag in a lot of apps, apart from the GUI lag, is due to slow DNS querying, specially on the mobile network.
CrossBreeder now runs a caching, parallelising DNS client on the device. So now most of your DNS queries will be served from the cache and if not found, the query will be sent in in parallel to multiple DNS servers including the two Google DNS servers, the two L3 DNS servers and your two ISP servers and the quickest reply will be served to you, hot and transparently.
This speeds up network access and networked apps, like Browsers of course, and Tapatalk, Gmail and thousands of others drastically. And removes a lot of the lag where it was due to DNS querying. This will not increase your network or download speed but pages will load much faster.
2. Modulate OS entropy levels for lag reduction ala Seeder. The whole OS reads either /dev/random or /dev/urandom and both need entropy. However this mod uses a completely different, lightweight and efficient random number generator called Havege . This sharply reduces cpu consumption and corresponding battery life loss compared to Seeder. It also does a better job at keeping entropy levels high hence your device is more responsive. It doesn't run in a CPU intensive loop either
3. Change kernel parameters specially the wakeup threshold ones so read blocks are released instantly and writes never wake up as we have an external entropy generator. And a host of other fail safe and working tweaks from the community for each key subsystem.
4. Remove /dev/random as it's blocking . Link it to non-blocking /dev/urandom. Since /dev/random is blocking and designed to protect us from Quantum alien cryptographers with mathematical certainty and urandom is non blocking pseudo-random device that most apps and OSs are using anyway and with Haveged running, is as secure anyway as it's very difficult to empty the entropy pool faster than Havege can replenish it. Pre ICS devices have a lot to gain with this but ICS+ devices show visible gains too.
Fly-On Mod is a Mod that combines many script,binary and other tweaks in one package which is aimed to improve Android system's Smoothness,reduce GUI lags and of course some useful battery life improvements and tweaks!
Probably the best Audio MOD Out there.
Mainly renders audio quality and many effects.
Mainly restores lossy audio quality.
ViPER4Android FX and XHiFi combined
More settings to configure, more to play, extend audio effect limits!
Mother of All AD-BLOCKING:
Stops Annoying ADs (Text and Media), Malware and Spyware, Bloatware, Possibly POP-Ups.
There are some Tweaks that are used to increase the speed of your Network browsing,downloading and uploading
Those Tweaks can generally be found in Build.prop /system and they are used to optimize overall system speed and battery
Zipalign is a tweak used to optimize Android application (.apk) files.
The purpose is to ensure that all uncompressed data starts with a particular alignment relative to the start of the file.
Specifically, it causes all uncompressed data within the .apk, such as images or raw files, to be aligned on 4-byte boundaries.
This allows all portions to be accessed directly with mmap() even if they contain binary data with alignment restrictions.
The benefit is a reduction in the amount of RAM consumed when running the application.
Android default Database engine is Lite.
SQLite is a lightweight transactional database engine that occupies a small amount of disk storage and memory
And many more like:
3 way Reboot Menu
Extended icons pack
Extended APNs support
Cleans log files and tombstones at every boot
Full RTL support
Improved GPS locking speed
Modded MMS apk
1. Put the zip on your SD-card.
2. Boot into ClockWorkMod recovery
3. Wipe all
4. Flash Rom to system1 or system2
6. Wait a few minutes...
7. Start using your phone.
After Enabling ROOT premission
*. Go to 'BusyBox Free'. Wait until it finish loading, Click Smart-Install.
**.Go to 'ViPER4Android FX'. When driver installation prompt, choose Yes to "Install/Update".
Then choose "CortexA8 with NEON".
with this app you can change the carrier text to whatever you want...
(Change -> Save->Airplane Mode On->Airplane Mode Off. Done.)
(If you want to remove the carrier text just press 'space')
Marvin.17.9 BETA English
Marvin.17.9 BETA English
Its been a while...
All bugs fixed!
Faster Better and Louder!
Many good things!
All MiuiAndroid Staff,
M1cha, Wajk, redmaner, L.Simon, vagyula, Rayglobe, M_J_Nazzari, slaid480, Exit_Only, idcrisis, BSDgeek_Jake ,ViPER520 & zhuhang ,leolawliet, Jeeko
Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2