Rom Update?

starfox

Members
Jan 17, 2017
Hi!!!

I would like to known, if each time i want to update my xiaomi.eu stable rom on my mi5, i can download the last rom available to my smartphone and use the update app? Is this the best/right way to do it
I did it to update from xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.1.6.0.MAACNDI_v8-6.0.zip to xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.1.9.0.NAACNDL_v8-7.0.zip and everything seems to be working just fine...
Thanks for any input on this.
starfox

Hi!!!

I would like to known, if each time i want to update my xiaomi.eu stable rom on my mi5, i can download the last rom available to my smartphone and use the update app? Is this the best/right way to do it
I did it to update from xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.1.6.0.MAACNDI_v8-6.0.zip to xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.1.9.0.NAACNDL_v8-7.0.zip and everything seems to be working just fine...
Thanks for any input on this.
starfox
yes

Noob question:
I'm new to miui EU, I installed 7.3.16 last week (I had custom shop rom-> unloocked phone-> got oficial china developer -> installed twrp-> then flashed 7.3.16 miui eu )

Now I'm like everyone. I want to update to 7.3.23.
Should I use the update app? or should I use twrp?

After searching guides and info, I see some people saying to use twrp and some ( like this post) say to use update app. Is it the same?
If I use update app, will the phone itself clear all dalvik/cache stuff ( This is what i should do using twrp right? ).

I dont get at all the diference.

Last edited:
Ok, sorry, I awswer myself:
I thought using twrp and updater app were 2 different process, but ussing updater app involve using twrp.

So I just updated to 7.3.23. Maybe this help someone with the same question