Roms And Self Signed Cert

idog8818

Members
Jul 13, 2016
Hi All,

I'm suffering from SSL cert issues which need help.

I own Redmi note 2 and note 3, And I have QNAP NAS setup at home. I use qfile, a dropbox like app to upload my pics to the NAS everyday. In initial setup, a warning will pop up saying it's self signed cert and ask me whether I accept that. This is same on all other android phones, I've tested on Samsung, Sony etc. The qfile is latest from Google store.

I noticed following issues.
If I use official China ROMs on both Note2 and Note 3, the qfile will NOT pop up the warning and whatever I do, it wont connect to the NAS at all. The Chinese rom doesn't come with Google kit, even I install all, qfile still won't work. If tried other roms, not working at all.

If I use official global rom on Note 2, all working fine. This is the only working rom for qfile.

I cannot find official global rom on my Note 3 mtk, but I've tried almost all kinds of roms, from official to customized, from here, or ported, whatever from, none has warning pop up via qfile.

I tried to install this self signed cert manually but not working. I'm thinking perhaps the SSL warning is something in Google kits? Anyone knows what I should install? Thx