Root And Twrp Stable??

seb84

Members
May 21, 2018
hey guys,

I've got the Mix 2s for some time now (a month..) and after waiting such a long time for the global rom, i really wanted to setup my phone as i usually do (root and twrp).
But with all version of either Magisk or SuperSU, i had no luck so far.
MAgisk will not even boot, even I used the DM verfiy 6.0 with Magisk, I will never get a boot (tried Magisk 16.0, 16.3 and 16.4).
With SuperSU i get root and can boot, BUT if i restart, I will end up in bootloop again.

I use V9.5.4.0.ODGMIFA.

Anzbody experiencing the same? How did you manage to get Magisk to run? Iflexit I've tried also without success.
What the hell am I doing wrong? (I've formatted data etc. after root. Almost tried all guides without success)

I don´t had any issue with Mix 2s and ROM 9.6 (8.5.17). I used TWRP to flash the Magisk zip after flashing the ROM.

Reactions: seb84
what about xposed on his one? i saw the beta running on the chinese forums

tried 8.5.8, 8.5.10, 8.5.17 (EU rom) works fine with Magisk. and the hacked twrp (ultra slow responding one) that is from other thread (just search for twrp polaris)
just don't install any of the official beta Xposed.

tried 8.5.8, 8.5.10, 8.5.17 (EU rom) works fine with Magisk. and the hacked twrp (ultra slow responding one) that is from other thread (just search for twrp polaris)
just don't install any of the official beta Xposed.

actually i use the twrp from xda (unofficial) and it runs very fine and smooth. got magisk running with the eu rom, but as soon, as i setup some of my apps using root, it will bootloop again. seems not to be the root itself, thats causing my probs......

seems i get bootloop always after installing my standard software, that is using root (some file explorer with root rights, youtube in adaway version)
bad for me especially is, that it will run initially, but hang sometime and then bootloop when rebooting, what makes the phone impossible to use like this for me.
im currently back on my old phone, since this one just seesm still to be too unstable.

i also tried the xposed beta, but get errors after booting. flashed again and rooted with magisk through twrp. setup the phone with my standard software and could also reboot the first day without problems.

than on the second day, took the phone to work and i made it amost through all day, but in the afternoon strted youtube for listening in my car on the backway.
in this moment the phone hung and i had to restart and...... got bootloop again.

actually i use the twrp from xda (unofficial) and it runs very fine and smooth. got magisk running with the eu rom, but as soon, as i setup some of my apps using root, it will bootloop again. seems not to be the root itself, thats causing my probs......

seems i get bootloop always after installing my standard software, that is using root (some file explorer with root rights, youtube in adaway version)
bad for me especially is, that it will run initially, but hang sometime and then bootloop when rebooting, what makes the phone impossible to use like this for me.
im currently back on my old phone, since this one just seesm still to be too unstable.
Just comparing notes here... ya.. twrp polaris is not official yet... got magisk running with EU rom.. with few root app, and none seems to cause anything. (root explorer i am using ES, got titanium backup running, busybox, all seems to be ok)
i am running smoothly and no complain so far. (i did try to get mi wallet back running with the NFC, but thats side story... )

i also tried the xposed beta, but get errors after booting. flashed again and rooted with magisk through twrp. setup the phone with my standard software and could also reboot the first day without problems.

than on the second day, took the phone to work and i made it amost through all day, but in the afternoon strted youtube for listening in my car on the backway.
in this moment the phone hung and i had to restart and...... got bootloop again.
i think i seems to came across this before....
after you installed xposed and fail, have u wipe everything clean including system partition before u flash again? (before you do that, make sure your computer recognize your phone as a storage device when you are in TWRP tho.. othwerwise you will have a tough time dropping all the images back in after wipe. )

Reactions: seb84
i think i seems to came across this before....
after you installed xposed and fail, have u wipe everything clean including system partition before u flash again? (before you do that, make sure your computer recognize your phone as a storage device when you are in TWRP tho.. othwerwise you will have a tough time dropping all the images back in after wipe. )

yes, after using xposed, formatted first and than flashed again. the problem with root was there already before using xposed.

i think i could isolate the app by now. I run the eu rom 8.5.17 by now with Magisk. it runs fine now, there is just one application i cant use it seems...