Root not working properly

GreyIce

Members
Mar 22, 2020
Hello all, today i installed on my Mix3 Stable MIUI 11, v11.0.02.0.QEECNXM and make root with Magisk v20.3 flashed with TWRP 3.3.1.1

The phone boot properly and work fine, but i can't use Solid Explorer to remove file and Titanium Backup seem to not remove at all the app that i want to remove. I can't figure why so i decided to ask your help, maybe someone can tell me more. Thx all

Hello all, today i installed on my Mix3 Stable MIUI 11, v11.0.02.0.QEECNXM and make root with Magisk v20.3 flashed with TWRP 3.3.1.1

The phone boot properly and work fine, but i can't use Solid Explorer to remove file and Titanium Backup seem to not remove at all the app that i want to remove. I can't figure why so i decided to ask your help, maybe someone can tell me more. Thx all
Did it ask to grant root permission when you tried to copy or delete something in the root folder with solid? Tibu on start? U might have to go to magisk settings su and check settings there and manually grant to the denied apps

Sent from my MI MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Did it ask to grant root permission when you tried to copy or delete something in the root folder with solid? Tibu on start? U might have to go to magisk settings su and check settings there and manually grant to the denied apps

Yes, Solid ask the permission and TiBu too, i granted it. If i go in Magisk on superuser i find the 2 app, but i feel like i'm in front of the house door with wrong key, is still a key but not work properly. I can't figure why since i didn't receive error message when i flashed Magisk with TWRP

Yes, Solid ask the permission and TiBu too, i granted it. If i go in Magisk on superuser i find the 2 app, but i feel like i'm in front of the house door with wrong key, is still a key but not work properly. I can't figure why since i didn't receive error message when i flashed Magisk with TWRP
I assume you tried after a reboot? I remember once i had such issue and worked after rebooting

I assume you tried after a reboot? I remember once i had such issue and worked after rebooting

Yes i tried, since after i uninstall with TiBu system app i do always a reboot. It was after a reboot that i see it the eliminated app came back. Could be Dm-verity, that don't allow TiBu to eliminate for real the app? If i understand correctly Dm-verity keep the system safe and untouchable, or not?

And then TWRP don't mount System partition

Better don't mess with dm verity. You were on another rom before? Any chance you have encryption problems?

Better don't mess with dm verity. You were on another rom before? Any chance you have encryption problems?

Until yesterday i was on official Global Rom, with locked bootloader. Saturday i tried all the day to unlock it but my pc didn't recognize the phone, yesterday on my laptop i do it without any problem, so i installed the rom of the first post here. I didn't try other rom since i wanted this one.
My old phone, that is a Samsung Galaxy S7 with root too, allow me to delete system app without problem, is for this i don't understand why with Mix3 go different. Or the problem is Android 10?

Until yesterday i was on official Global Rom, with locked bootloader. Saturday i tried all the day to unlock it but my pc didn't recognize the phone, yesterday on my laptop i do it without any problem, so i installed the rom of the first post here. I didn't try other rom since i wanted this one.
My old phone, that is a Samsung Galaxy S7 with root too, allow me to delete system app without problem, is for this i don't understand why with Mix3 go different. Or the problem is Android 10?
I never had such issues neither on miui nor on aosp that I'm now. If you do it manually with solid you're trying to delete the whole folder or just the included apk?

I never had such issues neither on miui nor on aosp that I'm now. If you do it manually with solid you're trying to delete the whole folder or just the included apk?

With solid i wanted to delete some icon on system part, without luck