Rooted or not? And some other questions

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 2 / Mi 2S' started by T G, Apr 13, 2014.

1. T G

T GMembers

Apr 13, 2014
    #1T G,Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    1) I recently got hold a MI2S 32GB, and this is my first time using MIUI. I am familiar with flashing and rooting with the other ROMs. But I do have some questions.

The MI2S was installed with official 4.4.4 which I then updated to 4.4.11 via Updater app. I understand that to have a rooted Xiaomi, I either have to install a rooted ROM or use CWM. I chose the former. I downloaded the unofficial 4.4.11 rom from http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/4-4-11.24073/ and installed it via the Updater app. Am I correct in installing the unofficial 4.4.11 via the Updater App this way without wiping? Or should I have wipe data and cache via recovery? Also what I have found after updating to unofficial 4.4.11 was that some of the original Xiaomi app are gone for eg. Mi Market...so I assume that I have updated correctly.

Hoping that I have root now, I installed an app which requires root. Unfortunately it still shows the same message about root being disabled and to enable it via Permission Manager. So do I have to enable root within the Settings?

2) What bloatware apps can I get rid of after gaining root access?

3) I only have about 23.8GB available to me which I read that others have 28GB available. Doesnt seem right.

2. Acid

AcidScripting Ninja
    Staff Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Male
    Root is to be enabled in Security Center - Permissions.

As for bloat apps... there's none in our rom.

Everything is ok with your phone. Enjoy.

Wysłane z MI3

3. T G

T GMembers

Apr 13, 2014
    Hi...thanks for the reply. However in the Security Center, there is no Permissions icon.

4. Acid

AcidScripting Ninja
    Staff Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Male
    Please search for yourself. It's not that hard. There is permissions for sure. If you have our rom then you must have it.

Wysłane z MI3

dextructor and cbpbxecmecmbeh like this.
  5. T G

T GMembers

Apr 13, 2014
    Thanks. Found...it was in the Tools > Security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. tronk23

tronk23Members

Nov 10, 2017
    Hi guys! After reading a lot of posts through this forum I need to ask more or less the same kind of questions. When I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Pro, it was supposed to be rooted from China. Once I received it, the root checker app is saying: "Root access is not properlly installed". But I really want to do is to unroot my phone due to I can't use some apps becuase of that. After checking the security options and permissions, following all the steps, I can't see the option of Allow root access in the permissions. Does any of you have the same problem?

My data: Android version 6.0 MRA58K; MIUI version MIUI Global 8.0 | Stable 8.0.4.0

Share Our Site