rw Partition

Ryskle

Members
Jan 31, 2021
Hello,

I'm triying several magisk module and tweak and all of them are returning read only partitions error. Also tried to install some drivers and get the error : unable to mount rw partition

my quesion is : why Miui has read only partiiton ? when 90% of roms out there dont. is that a issue with my rom or general for this rom ?

People are advesing me to go on MiuiMix which has more flexibility and compatibility with existing mods/tweaks

Is there anything i can do to change system partition and stay on xiaomi.eu rom or i have to go elsewhere ?

thanks for help

For now with Android11, there is no way to edit root folders, you can mount them RW but after that phone would brick and you have to format and install ROM again!

Reactions: katerpanne
For now with Android11, there is no way to edit root folders, you can mount them RW but after that phone would brick and you have to format and install ROM again!
You mean its an android 11 issue. So basically we can't make mod/tweark on phones... I guess i should downgrade to android 10. As nothing good come from A11 version ?

Well the read only issue is not related to android 11 but to miui 12.1.1. this will make all modders run away from this Rom so the users like me. Sad truth

Well the read only issue is not related to android 11 but to miui 12.1.1. this will make all modders run away from this Rom so the users like me. Sad truth
Thats because of Scoped Storage that have been implemented in Android 11 and not related to MIUI! All ROMs based on Android 11 have this issue!

I'm use a lot of magisk modules and work perfect for latest stable xiaomi.eu rom for Mi10pro , also use my own magisk module. And i moded icons, fonts, ads, etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-19-01-47-31-137_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-19-01-47-31-137_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 312
We are talking about modifying Root/System files and that's crashed the ROM