Same device, different board name (lime/pomelo)?

lllfa74lll

Members
Oct 19, 2021
I want to install the xiaomi.eu rom on my phone, the Redmi 9T pomelo, which is basically the same device as the lime. I tried installing the xiaomi.eu both stable and latest weekly releases but it doesn't allow me because it's designed for lime devices and not pomelo. Is there a way to flash xiaomi.eu on my phone?
Any help is very much appreciated!

I want to install the xiaomi.eu rom on my phone, the Redmi 9T pomelo, which is basically the same device as the lime. I tried installing the xiaomi.eu both stable and latest weekly releases but it doesn't allow me because it's designed for lime devices and not pomelo. Is there a way to flash xiaomi.eu on my phone?
Any help is very much appreciated!
if you know what you are doing, you can change the phone model name in the zip file ... if you dont know how to do it, wait for an answer in xda forum :)

if you know what you are doing, you can change the phone model name in the zip file ... if you dont know how to do it, wait for an answer in xda forum :)
Thanks for the reply! I think I already tried doing that. I modified the updater-script found in \rom\META-INF\com\google\android. It lets me install the rom but it gets stuck in a bootloop after that. I tried it only with the stable version of the lime rom. Should I keep trying with other version of the rom for that device?
I'm asking because some versions of the customs recoveries available hadn't worked but some had.

Good point, slipped my mind to include lemon and pomelo in the flashable devices list, but it's fixed now.
Meanwhile you can just remove the first line in META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script, in ROM's ZIP file.
The ROM will then be flashable on your device.

Thanks for the reply! I think I already tried doing that. I modified the updater-script found in \rom\META-INF\com\google\android. It lets me install the rom but it gets stuck in a bootloop after that. I tried it only with the stable version of the lime rom. Should I keep trying with other version of the rom for that device?
I'm asking because some versions of the customs recoveries available hadn't worked but some had.
Interesting, though I'd need a logcat to investigate that.

Interesting, though I'd need a logcat to investigate that.
Thanks for the reply!
Tried installing xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote94G_HM9T_21.9.8_v12-11 after deleting the first line of the updater-script file, flashed successfully but got stuck in a bootloop. I'll try with the stable rom and maybe some weekly rom.

Thanks for the reply!
Tried installing xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote94G_HM9T_21.9.8_v12-11 after deleting the first line of the updater-script file, flashed successfully but got stuck in a bootloop. I'll try with the stable rom and maybe some weekly rom.
Igor Eisberg was asking for a log file from you to (hopefully) help.

Sure, I will try it on different roms and later upload all the log files. Will update in a couple hours. Thanks for the help people!

I flashed xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote94G_HM9T_21.9.8_v12-11 using TWRP 3.5.2_10-3, turned it on, was stuck in bootloop, rebooted into recovery, flashed it again and copied log. Is it useful or should I flash stock first, then the rom and then copy log?
The log says avc: denied on multiple lines. Is this were the problem is? Could it be a problem with the partitions of my phone?

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    81.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
I flashed xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote94G_HM9T_21.9.8_v12-11 using TWRP 3.5.2_10-3, turned it on, was stuck in bootloop, rebooted into recovery, flashed it again and copied log. Is it useful or should I flash stock first, then the rom and then copy log?
The log says avc: denied on multiple lines. Is this were the problem is? Could it be a problem with the partitions of my phone?
That's a log from the recovery boot, not the system boot.

Oh sorry. I'm new to this. How do I obtain the log from system boot? Is it this one?

Attachments

• dmesg[1].txt
    326.7 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
Wow, while trying to turn off the phone it showed the miui animation and finally booted. I'm sorry for having taken some of your time but I'm very grateful for the help!