Samsung Gear App Crashes

Furaider

Members
Sep 28, 2016
Hi guys,
If i want to pair the Gear s3 with my device (Mi4s)the app crashes and give me a FC. I tried many different ROMs (MIUI7 and 8) but none of them has worked. I tried also some earlier APKs of Gear Manager, Gear S Plugin and Samsung Accessory Service, without success.

Does anyone have any advice or a solution for my Problem?

If i use China ROM (stable) the connection between Mi4s and Gear S3 works. I can use the app like it should work, so this is a ROM problem and not a device problem.
With other ROM`s i can pair them with Bluetooth but when i try to connect them over the app, the app crashes. The Gear shows "Standalone" but when i recived a call it shows me and i can start calls with the Gear but i get no notifications when i recived Message (SMS or Whatsapp).

Hi Furaider,

I had the same issue on my MI4s but fortunately I fonud this thread on XDA Developers
Search there for "[MOD] Working Samsung Gear App for none Samsung devices" (I'm not allowed to post a link)

I installed the modified apk and the application finally can communicate with my Gear S3.
I think you could give it a try as well. :)

Hi Furaider,

I had the same issue on my MI4s but fortunately I fonud this thread on XDA Developers
Search there for "[MOD] Working Samsung Gear App for none Samsung devices" (I'm not allowed to post a link)

I installed the modified apk and the application finally can communicate with my Gear S3.
I think you could give it a try as well. :)

Hi TuzeszSzarkany,
this is great, you save my fu...ing day!!!
IT WORKS - finally i can use my Gear S3 like it should work.
Thank you very much:):D