New Scratchy sound in video recording (Bad microphone quality)

Arguuo

Members
Nov 3, 2017
Is Xiaomi aware about their scratchy sound problem in video recording ? I've got the Mi MIX 2, and tests on youtube on the Mi MIX 2s, the Mi 8 and the Mi 8 SE shows that the microphone got the same problem, wathever the device or the ROM version (MIUI 9 or 10 it's the same)..
It's like they don't want to fix this problem, the sound quality is completely deteriorated by the noises recorded, a really bad sound quality wich seems to come from the software, not the microphone itself.

Can Xiaomi.eu do something about that ? in any sort of way ?

Last edited:
I only registered to this forum to support this... I planned to buy the Mi 8 explorer but I'am surely not doing it with this kind of crappy micro quality! I still have a little hope that the quality on the Explorer edition is better but it's very unlikely... What will happen if you record video with a third party camera app?

Reactions: StasiS
If we're lucky, it's related to a software issue, which could theoretically be solved.
If we aren't lucky, it's because of cheap compartments / hardware, which could not be solved completely by a software update...
we'll have to wait - but nevertheless - I totally support this question as I plan to buy a Mi8 too, but hesitate because of this issue.

Reactions: StasiS
Do you mean a high pitched noise, like in this video?

It's terrible and makes it impossible to record decent videos.

I've also noticed it's only in one side. In this case, the left channel.

I'm on santoni (redmi 4x).