Security App Does Not List Anything In Root Access

merenpita

Members
Mar 17, 2017
Hi! I year ago or so I pruchased a Xiaomi Mi4C on igogo. When the phone arrived, one of the first things I checked was if it came rooted or not, as it had been modified with an international MIUI7 ROM. Indeed, I was able to give Root Checker root permissions, so I was very happy, but never used this feature again.

Well, today, I was trying to install TRPW, superSU, and to use Flashify, but every one of them told me that my phone is not rooted, furthermore, I tried to use Root Checker again and I could not give root access to it!!

I have never updated my phone since I did the test one year ago, I have had MIUI7 55.11.19 and Android 5.1.1 all this period, and the only "major" thing I did was to encrypt my phone.

The thing is, it does not matter how many times I install or uninstall apps that need root access, they are never listed on the Root Access section of the Security build-in app, and one year ago they did.

Any ideas? Thanks!!

Hi, CPU Z says "Root Access: Yes", (and BTW bootloader unknown). But this does not solve anything! I am still unable of giving root privileges to Flashify, SUPERSU or trwp, as they don't appear in the Root Access list in Security App, and they do not prompt when open, they simply say the phone is not rooted

I wish I could install it with TWRP, but when I restart the phone in TWRP it freezes on the first screen, I can't swipe to start the recovery... I have no themes on TWRP, which I have read that could explain the freezing.
I tried to reinstall with Flashify, but it says that phone is not rooted, and I can't give it root access from Security built-in app. Flashify then freezes. I also tried TWRP official app but same problem, phone is not rooted

Well, thanks for your replys and sorry for being so retard, but when fastbooting I am able to flash, but then I try to boot and I get "failed, remote: dtb not found". Just in case I tried to boot the phone on TWRP manually but all I get is a black screen -. -

If you get dtp not found means your bootloader is locked.
Please run a fastboot oem device-info and paste the results here.

Reactions: merenpita
(bootloader) Device tampered: false
(bootloader) Device unlocked: false
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
(bootloader) Display panel:
OKAY [ 0.047s]
finished. total time: 0.047s

I suppose this means my bootloader is indeed locked, doesn't it?

(bootloader) Device unlocked: false
OKAY [ 0.047s]

I suppose this means my bootloader is indeed locked, doesn't it?

it is locked,
you can apply for unlock from http://en.miui.com/unlock and do the official way
or just try this one without waiting for unlock code :
1. http://xiaomitips.com/guide/unlock-mi-4c-bootloader-without-official-permission/
2. https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-4c/general/guide-unlocking-mi4c-bl-verification-t3336779

Reactions: merenpita
Well, I tried the fastboot oem unlock. It seemed to go ok, then I tried fastboot oem device-info. This is what I got:

(bootloader) Device unlocked: true
OKAY [ 0.047s]

Then I tried again to:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img

But same error:
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.452s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: dtb not found)
finished. total time: 0.718s

Well, I tried the fastboot oem unlock. It seemed to go ok, then I tried fastboot oem device-info. This is what I got:

(bootloader) Device unlocked: true
OKAY [ 0.047s]

Then I tried again to:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img

But same error:
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.452s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: dtb not found)
finished. total time: 0.718s
You have to unlock your bootloader the official way from the site.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk