Sensors borked, can't fix

kuba22277

Members
Nov 9, 2018
So, after an *official* miui 11 update, unsure which, the OTA broke my magnetometer, which was constantly spinning in circles. This prompted me to unlock my bootloader and flash xiaomi.eu miui12 in hopes that would fix the problem. Only it didn't.

Given that I had a persist partition backup before, i downloaded all three regions of official 11.0.5.0 update and extracted their respective persist images to try and flash.
1. flashing EU persist img made my camera go wonky, and everything crash. restored the backup.
2. same with Global. Restored.
3. Flashing the chinese k20 persist did the same...
4. ...only that after restoring the backed up persist the sensors all started working again.

...until xiaomi.eu 20.6.18 - updating broke the magnetometer again, only that this time above steps didn't fix the issue.

Should I just wipe the persist partition and restore the backup? What are my options?

Creo que debería flashear la ROM FASBOOT con mi flash para evitar esos problemas. Cuando finaliza el proceso, parpadea Xiaomi.eu

Creo que debería flashear la ROM FASBOOT con mi flash para evitar esos problemas. Cuando finaliza el proceso, parpadea Xiaomi.eu
Hello, can you explain in English, i also have the same problem, no gyro, no compass & fingerprints restart the phone.

Hi, where can I download the FASTBOOT ROM ? Is there an easy way to backup my current settings & applications?
On this website, but make sure it's rom fasboot:
And you flash with the MI FLASH program, and make sure it's the latest version.
And in regards to your storage, you have to make a copy of the important thing, since when you flash the rom fasboot it will eliminate all your storage, but you can recover your sensors.

Well, IT seems like it's a hardware fault for me. Neither getting a fastboot rom installed nor flashing Xiaomi.eu over it helped, the Z axis is still locked to -2.xxxx and spins. Thank you for your replies!