Services menu changed all of a sudden

metakonger

Members
Apr 21, 2021
Can someone help explain what may have happened? and how tofix?
I have a Mi 11pro with eu 12.5.7

after initial install of the ROM, the services window in my miui showed everything in english and had only a few items available: favorite apps, steps counter, battery graph, smart devices, and notes

A couple of days ago, that everything in that window now displays everything in Chinese and the chinese services are showing: stocks, news, delivery tracking, shopping cart, trips, etc...

any ideas on what happened?

Attachments

• 1623781223407.jpg
    1623781223407.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 158
Sound like you downloaded the Chinese update. Check your version against latest one you were using. If you have, it's back to the start I'm afraid.
I've done it myself, flashed the stock Chinese updated ROM without noticing that the ROM was missing the EU part in the name! Easy done for me as I sometimes get the link from a telegram link!

Sound like you downloaded the Chinese update. Check your version against latest one you were using. If you have, it's back to the start I'm afraid.
I've done it myself, flashed the stock Chinese updated ROM without noticing that the ROM was missing the EU part in the name! Easy done for me as I sometimes get the link from a telegram link!

Please see below. doesn't this mean i am currently using the EU rom?

Can someone help explain what may have happened? and how tofix?
I have a Mi 11pro with eu 12.5.7

after initial install of the ROM, the services window in my miui showed everything in english and had only a few items available: favorite apps, steps counter, battery graph, smart devices, and notes

A couple of days ago, that everything in that window now displays everything in Chinese and the chinese services are showing: stocks, news, delivery tracking, shopping cart, trips, etc...

any ideas on what happened?
You updated a System App, probably the launcher itself, just uninstall all updates to restore it, don't ever update system apps!

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

Please see below. doesn't this mean i am currently using the EU rom?

View attachment 37424
Yes, Xiaomi EU Stable ROM but you should not have Chinese feed. Reinstall the ROM and check again. Something has been changed. Just to confirm that you did format data after the change to EU ROM and not managed a dirty flash over( I don't think it's possible but something is very odd).

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies!

i uninstalled the update as suggested and it reverted back. For anyone else w/ same issue, go to: "Settings"->"Apps"->"App Vault"
And then uninstall the latest update and it will revert back