New SGS2 overheating/power consumption with music app 2.7.6

Apr 11, 2012
I've noticed that on this version, whenever I play any music from the default app my phone overheats quickly and after about 30 minutes of listening to music the battery drops 20-30%.

I haven't had this on any previous version.

Feb 3, 2012
I have the same problem. And it doesnt matter if I use native music app or poweramp. Phone gets hot and Im loosing 1% of battery per minute.

Feb 25, 2012
I'm not sure if it's related to the music player, but since I've listened to music on my SGS i've got battery drain and high cpu usage (800+ MHz) too. So i sat down and tracked it a little bit. Looking at the output of top, i saw that the process system_server was using 75% of the Cpu and more. I've stopped any service if possible, still no luck. So i switched the lockscreen to another one, and now cpu usage is down to normal, even if i switch back to the original one. :confused:

Sep 3, 2011
Hm its not releated to kernel its a MIUI bug.I replased music.apk with oldest version and for 1h battery drop with 18%.Now i'm on previous release of rom and today for 1h baterry drop with 8%.I tried cMIUI and its the same.I hope tomorow this will be fixed bcz i like MUSIC. :)