Shipped with Google Apps?

Markus Leo

Members
Jun 12, 2012
Hi all,

I love MIUI ROM, and has been using it for a long time on my Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S. Now I'm getting a truly MIUI phone! The Xiaomi MI-2 phone.

My only concern is, if I buy the original phone straight from China's online sites (Taobao.com), will it come with Google Apps installed? Will I be able to access Google Play Store, Google Now and so on?

If not, what can I do to have Google Apps on the phone?

Thanks a dozen!
(I'm sorry if this is a duplicate thread, but I'm new to the forum and I'm still figuring my way around)

The phone does not come with gapps installed. all you have to do to get them is flash the rom from this site or any other fan site.

Reactions: Markus Leo
The phone does not come with gapps installed. all you have to do to get them is flash the rom from this site or any other fan site.

Is there any way to use Gapps on the default China ROM itself? Like, a flashable recovery zip?

i;m not 100% sure on that. I'm pretty sure you cant do it with flashing. i think you can get the android market from the built in (chinese)market that comes on it tho. someone will have to confirm this.

Does anyone know if it is possible to sync google contact back to the mi-2? or do we have to import them all manually?