Should I change to the Nitrogen ROM on new Mi Max 3?

RalphA

Members
Aug 20, 2018
Hi

Keen to get other people's views on whether I should update the ROM on my soon to arrive Mi Max 3 from China with the Nitrogen ROM? Are there any reviews of this ROM on the new Mi MAx 3 and can anyone give me some guidance on exactly what I have to do to safely install the Nitrogen ROM?

Many thanks

Ralph

Yes you should. Better flash the new beta rom Miui 10 if your phone come with 9.6.4.0 fake rom

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

The MIUI 10 v. 8.8.9 available on this site (eu.xiaomi) is basically the official China beta ROM translated into European languages. Xiaomi has not yet released a Global version of their MIUI (Android 8.1) beta ROM, so the ROM available on the download link on this site for Nitrogen is your best bet. It is not one of the "fake" ROMs installed by some resellers. It is made with the sanction of Xiaomi. It is normally updated every week, based on official China developer ROM updates. Last week, however, the most recent update (8.8.16) was suspended by Xiaomi for the Mi Max 3 because of stability issues (these are after all beta ROMs). The latest version, 8.8.9 however works great. You need to have an unlocked bootloader (you get permission from Xiaomi first) and then flash TWRP (there is a version made specifically for the Mi MAX) and then flash the 8.8.9 eu.xiaomi ROM in the TWRP recovery mode using the detailed instructions found in the download firmware section of this website. I had no experience doing this until this forum helped me install the eu.xiaomi ROM on my Mi Mix and then my Mi Max 3. Just find and read through the posts describing the process. The moderators on this site are very professional and very helpful.

The MIUI 10 v. 8.8.9 available on this site (eu.xiaomi) is basically the official China beta ROM translated into European languages. Xiaomi has not yet released a Global version of their MIUI (Android 8.1) beta ROM, so the ROM available on the download link on this site for Nitrogen is your best bet. It is not one of the "fake" ROMs installed by some resellers. It is made with the sanction of Xiaomi. It is normally updated every week, based on official China developer ROM updates. Last week, however, the most recent update (8.8.16) was suspended by Xiaomi for the Mi Max 3 because of stability issues (these are after all beta ROMs). The latest version, 8.8.9 however works great. You need to have an unlocked bootloader (you get permission from Xiaomi first) and then flash TWRP (there is a version made specifically for the Mi MAX) and then flash the 8.8.9 eu.xiaomi ROM in the TWRP recovery mode using the detailed instructions found in the download firmware section of this website. I had no experience doing this until this forum helped me install the eu.xiaomi ROM on my Mi Mix and then my Mi Max 3. Just find and read through the posts describing the process. The moderators on this site are very professional and very helpful.
Have same problem here, im from Denmark and cant even use mi max 3 for talking cause a very poor signal

China roms in this week for Mi Max 3 get anti-rollback too.
Wich means... sorry its the first time ever i have a phone with fake rom
Its very frustrating, i put it away again and use my zenfone 3 ultra instead, but still hope i can use my new mi max 3 one day

Reactions: Zenn66

Is it safe to update 8.8.6 to 8.8.9 on mi max 3? I read about it that is buggy and got suspended by Xiaomi.

8.8.9 was not suspended by Xiaomi. It is still available for download on the Chinese Xiaomi site. They suspended 8.8.16 because it caused system instability in the Mi Max 3. 8.8.23 for the Max 3 should be released by Xiaomi China on Friday and I would expect that Saturday or Sunday eu.xiaomi will have released the European version of 8.8.23

Alright thanks for the info, so far so good anyway with the 8.8.6.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Hey guys i just wanted to report that my Mi Max 3 from TradingShenzhen came with Unlocked Bootloader and 8.7.26 MIUI 10 Beta Multilanguage ROM from Xiaomi.eu.

Automatic Update doesnt work. I will install TWRP and newest Beta soon.

Everything seems to work fine until now except the Mobile Internet Connection seems to fail sometimes but it can also be my carrier because i always had Problems with it.

Are you sure that TWRP isn't already installed? If not, how did TradingShenzhen flash the xiaomi.eu ROM? What happens when you boot to recovery - is it TWRP or stock recovery?

Are you sure that TWRP isn't already installed? If not, how did TradingShenzhen flash the xiaomi.eu ROM? What happens when you boot to recovery - is it TWRP or stock recovery?

You are right i checked it and TWRP is already installed. It asked me to stay in Read Only Mode or not. I just let it in Read Only but if i want to flash the newest update i need to allow full Modification rights to TWRP right?

You are right i checked it and TWRP is already installed. It asked me to stay in Read Only Mode or not. I just let it in Read Only but if i want to flash the newest update i need to allow full Modification rights to TWRP right?
Yes. Swipe to allow TWRP to have full modification rights.

The version number of the MIUI development ROM refers to the date it was released. We are now on 8.8.23 because it was released on 8.23 (August 23rd) - all MIUI 10 beta ROM version numbers begin with 9 (in contrast to China Stable versions which begin with 9). So I don't know what you mean by upgrading to 8.26. There was a version number 8.7.26 released back on July 26th, but there have been four releases since then. If you want to update to the most recent xiaomi.eu ROM, which currently is 8.8.23 you need to flash it in TWRP.

Sounds really nice.
I dont know anything about all this.
Im right now in a supermarket where i just now returned my mm3 to Sunsky, so they can fix it.
I told them they even can wait untill the REAL international version come out.

Maybe i buy honor note 10 when it comes with the REAL rom or honor x8, ill see
So i have to live with my zenfone 3 ultra, still some times. But still this is an awesome phone
I have successfully installed 8.8.23 Update with TWRP. I can only say everything seems to work fine :)

Only some Mobile Connection Errors could be also my carrier

Just ordered the mm3 from mi store on AliExpress am I right in thinking that's their store and I'll get a proper rom or am I now on the same path as everyone here, got the 128gb version for £262.

Hey
Must be A..E...... u bought it when i count the letters.
Its their store yes.
BUT its still not the REAL ORIGINAL INTERNATIONAL GLOBAL ROM (but seems like u know that) so yes i will think u get this .
Just ordered the mm3 from mi store on ********** am I right in thinking that's their store and I'll get a proper rom or am I now on the same path as everyone here, got the 128gb version for £262.

Well fingers crossed its just working ok, I'll flash a custom on it anyways when ex-d-a crew go their hands on the stock. Ebay selling the 64gb for around the same price for UK based stock so I thought I'd take the chance, I will update my quest on here.

Reactions: BigDisplay