Sim Card No Detected

cerealkilo

Members
Oct 22, 2016
Hello,

I bought recently the redmi note 3. After only 20 days suddenly no network anymore without a specially reason. I installed twrp 3 and changed ROM to the Miui global 7.1.8.0 Stable but now the sim card is not detected. I took out manytimes and insert this sim card. But no effect.

Here the product i bought :

XIAOMI Redmi Note 3 Pro 5.5 inch 4G Phablet Android 5.1 Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 64bit Hexa Core 1.8GHz Fingerprint ID 3GB RAM 32GB ROM 16.0MP + 5.0MP FHD Screen

The worst is i bought this phone because my xiaomi redmi note 2 had the same problem after one year...

If someone could help me, i would be very very happy

Sincerely yours and thanks for advance,

Christophe Luciani

Hello again and thank you for your help both of you,

I successed to install a Rom, but i had no sim car detected, i went to my firma T-mobile because the problem was coming from my sim card, it was not the phone.

But here comes a new problem, the Firma T-mobile told me that it will happen every 2 months that the phone just destroys the sim card due to a foreign software...i can change the MIUI ROM to another it won't solve the problem, i have to install an European system they said, if i would like to hope to use it correctly.

Do you know which ROM or CUSTOM ROM that it could be installed on my phone ?
Now i hard format my phone with TWRP 3 , and i'm ready do download and flash.

John O Connel my Redmi note 3 is this one :

Redmi Note 3 Pro

• Length: 150 mm
  • Comes in a Chinese box
  • The sticker on the phone's back features a 'CCC' marking and mentions it's a TD-LTE phone, made in China, in Chinese

Thank you very much for your help,

Christophe Luciani

Yes anyway i'm searching a custom rom european maybe, do you have any idea about it ?

Thanks in advance,

Suggestion change provider and use any rom you choose.

It is more likely that your provider is only allowing their sims to be used in supported devices. Check there FAQ for more on that.

Don't know of any roms that would cater to specific networks.

...change the MIUI ROM to another it won't solve the problem...

Yes, I believe there is no fix from Xiaomi available yet. I suspect Xiaomi is not even aware of the problem yet.

...have to install an European system they said...

Well, more to the point is, if you use one of the phones that are more common in Europe, instead of a Chinese exotic, you won't have that problem with T-mobile.

The truth is, it's a bug in both the phone and the T-mobile SIM card, although fixing one of the two would be sufficient to eliminate the problem.

As this problem occurs with Kenzo, Kate, MI5 and probably some other Xiaomi phones, I have moved the topic to the
Bugs section of this forum.
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/t-mobile-sim-cards-fail.37930/

Last edited: