Sim Card Not Detected Sometimes

Nagesh30

Members
Feb 27, 2015
Hi,

From past couple of months I have noticed that when I restart my phone, it does not detect the sim card. If I remove and put the sim back in phone couple of times. It detects it randomly. I dont have micro sim or anything. The first time the issue came when my phone got switched off dueto battery discharge. So no change as such in the phone and it was working when it got switched off. I plugged in the charging and it did not detect the sim card. The behaviour repeats every time I switch on the phone either after restart/reboot.

I bought the phone on 30 July 2014 and I noticed the problem first time in September. Later in November and then in December. But now the problem is occurring more frequently. Even restarting phone after some updates also make the sim undetectable.

Please help.

Thanks.

The simplest way how to find out where is the problem is to try if the problem persists even with other SIM cards.

Thanks for your replies.

I dont think that I have broken the sim card slot. Reason being it was working fine and i just restarted the phone and it was not detectingt the sim. It was not that I was changing the sim when it was not detected.

I tried another sim and even that was not detected.