Sleep Of Death On Mi4c

Eli k

Members
Dec 27, 2017
Hi guys
I have a mi4c for quite a while, and lately it has been starting to reboot everytime the screen is off
I set screen to never turn off, and it would not reboot until battery does or screen was off.
So i figured it must be a sleep issue.
So i upgraded to miui to latest eu rom 8.1.18
And still, everytime screen went off it rebooted.
When i left screen on even without any activity it would stay on no problem.

Did anyone had this problem?
Any solution?

I was thinking it was the battery aswell
So i put it in the shop for batt replacement.
This dis not help.

It only reboots when screen is off

When i set my screen not to turn off, it works normally.

Hey all,
I have the same problems with my Mi4c. When it is in the sleep mode, then after 10 seconds it resets itself ....
This problem started about 3 weeks ago (without system actualization). Then full wipe, new system and still nothing. I bought new battery and still the same problems.
Does anyone any idea what and how with it?

So I would rule out system problems, I tried full flashing with stable versions, including V9.2.2.0.NXKCNEK etc. + for this new battery, because I came across a suspected defective battery, but all the time it is the same. As for the equipment, what could have failed? On a blank screen there are no problems, etc. Only when the screen goes out then screen resets. What is responsible for keeping it as if in standby mode?

Hi guys
I have a mi4c for quite a while, and lately it has been starting to reboot everytime the screen is off
I set screen to never turn off, and it would not reboot until battery does or screen was off.
So i figured it must be a sleep issue.
So i upgraded to miui to latest eu rom 8.1.18
And still, everytime screen went off it rebooted.
When i left screen on even without any activity it would stay on no problem.

Did anyone had this problem?
Any solution?
This is a well known problem with this phone. It affects hundreds of not thousands of Xiaomi MI4c users...
My wife has this phone and this problem too so I had to do some research and order a new battery.

My best guess is that it is a combination of
1 the battery
2 the (fast) battery loader and
3 the phone's BMS (faulty?)

The 4c is AFAIK the first Xiaomi phone with (perhaps then not yet fully tested) quick charger. So in some fora the advice is not to use the included fast charger but to use a "slow" charger. Prove that it's a hardware rather than a software problem is that TWRP reports the same percentage. (right or wrong because of faulty BMS in motherboard?)

I hope my two cents worth can help you with this problem.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi Note 2 met Tapatalk

I'm curious about your MI4c problem Ramzessso. Did you experience a fast drop in battery percentage like in the screenshot?
Is the percentage of the battery load the same as well in MIUI as in TWRP?
If the latter is the case then it cannot be a software problem AFAIK.
b5711a8e74057c860791bb47259e9e37.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi Note 2 met Tapatalk

Replacing the battery (over a month and a half ago now) and using a "slow" charger have solved this problem.
My wife's MI4c has never experienced this strange battery power drop and unexpected reboots again.

Reactions: iamme729