Slomotion Cam ?

myway

Members
Mar 2, 2017
I tried many camera app for recording slow motion movie but none succeed in my redmi 3s prime. does anyone have any clue how to do it? or what mod should I try? or is it simply impossible?

thx

Impossible... the hardware doesn't support recording at higher framerates... only 1080p@30fps...
Even on flagship Mi5 it's not supported well...

You have apps for software slowmotion, but that just lowers your playback framerate...

Reactions: Marcusss
And if someone is wondering - how it works....
Camera records the video in realtime in lets say 240 FPS (frames per second), and then when you play recorded video it plays it in 30 FPS (which is still good enough quality) => so you get 240/30= 8 times slower playback/slow motion (1 second lasts for 8 s).

Reactions: myway
And if someone is wondering - how it works....
Camera records the video in realtime in lets say 240 FPS (frames per second), and then when you play recorded video it plays it in 30 FPS (which is still good enough quality) => so you get 240/30= 8 times slower playback/slow motion (1 second lasts for 8 s).

Thx for detailed answer. Is it possible to mod it some how? F 2.0 camera should be 'not-average' camera ian't it?

Chipset not powerfull enough:
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/430
Camera
Megapixel Support

• Up to 21 MP camera
Image Sensor Processor

• 2x Image Sensor Processor (ISP)
Video
Video Capture

• Up to 1080p video capture @30 FPS

How about lower the resolution to 240p and boost the speed to 120 fps. Possible isn't it?
I got camera api 2 mod set in my phone and manual computability test shows green, indicate manual override should be working. But still fail to get 120 fps using open camera.

And to be fair... From a 100-130 usd phone you cant expect too much... But still one of the best devices for the money.

And to be fair... From a 100-130 usd phone you cant expect too much... But still one of the best devices for the money.

Poin taken. Considering the price, this is one amazing piece of work. Stll, I want to push it to the edge :))