Smart Lock

Hello,
The same problem.
Very useful function is absent in menu (((
Is it possible to fix?

Moreover, smartlock (Smart UnLock by trusted device) feature does't work properly on my Mi5 device:
- after adding to trusted devices, Bluetooth device doesn't unlock Mi5 ...

Furthermore, on Xiaomi Mi5 don't work third-party applications for Smart Lock/UnLock (like Smart Unlock from Loadinghome)

Hope this will be fixed (in the nearest future)
Regards

Last edited:
leledumbo,
I use Xiaomi.eu ROMs. So, AOSP )))
I've just installed QuickShortcutMaker and tried to find the corresponding activity in the Services Google Play (com.google.android.gms)...
Without any success (((
There is No corresponding menu... (today I found it in a collegue's Samsung SGS7).
Perhaps, you can try to help find it )))

The only way I've found to view/delete devices (BT and NFC) to SmartLock - after Pairing a new (or the same) device there is a SmartLock request for a new device in the staus bar. Afer adding a new device you can edit your device list.

By the way, in order to make work SmartUNLock properly (by trusted Bluetooth/NFC device) on Mi5 you need to install Xposed Framework (installer)+xMIUI module.

The problem is solved (for me) by Xposed Framework (installer)+xMIUI module (Root is needed).
After switching on the corresponding option in the xMIUI (Lockscreen section->Google SmartLock) you'll see/get:
Settings->Additional Sets->Privacy->Smart Lock: On-body detection / Trusted places / Trusted devices
All of these items work fine (I've checked)
Hope it helps )))

Can't find it. Can you provide a screenshot?
Or is it available JUST with Xposed module? If it is - thats bad...

Yes, xMIUI module (available in a Play Market) works ONLY within Xposed Framework.
I don't see any problems with Xposed Framework (Xposed Installer)
Problem is that Smart Lock - one of default apps for Android. It kind of works (when you unlock device multiple times at certain location - it offers you to mark it as safe place) out of box. But to access all functions I need to root device (so any bank apps cease to work without additional modifications) , install Xposed Framework and xMIUI module. THAT is bad.

@infearno,
I agree with you in general.
But with some notes.
1. You should address your comment to a native Xiaomi development team (forum). Perhaps in Android 7.x it will be fixed.
2. Xposed Framework + xMIUI is a workaround. By the way, there some modules for Xposed to hide root from other applications (including finance & banking)

Problem is that Smart Lock - one of default apps for Android. It kind of works (when you unlock device multiple times at certain location - it offers you to mark it as safe place) out of box. But to access all functions I need to root device (so any bank apps cease to work without additional modifications) , install Xposed Framework and xMIUI module. THAT is bad.
Not fixed on mi6 with android 7

The problem is solved (for me) by Xposed Framework (installer)+xMIUI module (Root is needed).
After switching on the corresponding option in the xMIUI (Lockscreen section->Google SmartLock) you'll see/get:
Settings->Additional Sets->Privacy->Smart Lock: On-body detection / Trusted places / Trusted devices
All of these items work fine (I've checked)
Hope it helps )))
I enabled Google smart lock in xMiui module.
But still cannot find smart lock option in settings.
I'm using mi 5S, MIUI9 EU latest develop ROM.