Smart Unlock And Bluetooth Problem

derfl

Members
Apr 8, 2016
Hi everyone,

can please tell us someone from the developer Team why smart unlock is not working with location or Bluetooth (except mi band) since months or longer. No reaction on this, either in the official forums or here.
It's a normal function of Android....nothing special.

The same with Bluetooth. It won't connect to my cars hands free everyday. I have to turn off Bluetooth every day in my car then wait for 1 or 2 minutes (cause Bluetooth can't be turned on in this period) turn it on again and then it's working. Sometimes the whole day and sometimes I have to do the same procedure when I come back to the car after an hour.

I'll tested 3 devices (2 redmi 2 and one redmi 3). All devices do the same. Also used nearly every rom and tried with full wipe or without. No difference.

@devs please tell me why.

Thanks

Regards

Hi, exactly the same problem here - I was hoping to be solved on MIUI 8 but it was not the case so far. For Smart Unlock I already give up and get used that it's not working, but for car bluetooth not working randomly it is a deal breaker. Sometimes I am already driving when noticing that phone is not connected, and now unlocking (password since smart unlock does not work) restarting bluetooth or airplane mode, it's annoying at least not mentioning dangerous(I know I can stop ...) Nevertheless if it will not be fixed soon (very soon) the phone will be sold and I will think twice before coming back to Xioami.
It's mid-2016 and most of the gadgets relay on bluetooth connection - how so basic function may not work correctly in the phone is beyond my understanding?

Funny how on AOSP ROMS, the BT problem don't exist. Is only on MIUI.

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 2 através de Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip with AOSP - I have installed vova rom and magically Bluetooth is working like magic. It is shame, really a shame that the phone manufacturer cannot create working software/drivers, where single independent developers can.

It is amazing that such an issue reported by so many users and which is persisting on MIUI7 and now 8 is not fixed.
Bye Xiaomi and good luck with the future phone sales numbers - for sure I will not add to them.