SMS sound change

mavimendes

Members
Dec 24, 2017
Is it my confusion or the last ROM, cannot change the sound of messages? Or did they change the location of that option
754df2ddc86f50a13cc0c5ca02125d5a.jpg

Enviado do meu MI 9 através do Tapatalk
4560e1d30fc56032daf9a5cd5b02fff2.jpg

It's your confusion.
On Xiaomi.eu ROMs you need to set Settings -> Manage apps -> Messaging -> Notification -> Messages -> Sound
You can do this for any app, not just SMS.

It's your confusion.
On Xiaomi.eu ROMs you need to set Settings -> Manage apps -> Messaging -> Notification -> Messages -> Sound
You can do this for any app, not just SMS.
Solved, after all this option could be more accessible, but OK. Thanks for the help.

Solved, after all this option could be more accessible, but OK. Thanks for the help.

Technically speaking, there's nothing special about the SMS notification sound. It's just another app notification sound, and you can set it individually for different SMS apps. If you're using a third party SMS app, a 'more accessible' setting will not apply to it anyway.

Technically speaking, there's nothing special about the SMS notification sound. It's just another app notification sound, and you can set it individually for different SMS apps. If you're using a third party SMS app, a 'more accessible' setting will not apply to it anyway.
It's not as easy as it looks. After I change the sound where and as indicated, it is not the sound that plays when I receive an SMS. I mean that I am not using any third-party app, I use only native applications, and the sound it plays is the sound of the default notifications sound, that is to say that if you change this sound, I get the sound I want for SMS in all notifications.

It's not as easy as it looks. After I change the sound where and as indicated, it is not the sound that plays when I receive an SMS. I mean that I am not using any third-party app, I use only native applications, and the sound it plays is the sound of the default notifications sound, that is to say that if you change this sound, I get the sound I want for SMS in all notifications.

What are you talking about? You don't get the same sound for all notifications if you set it in Settings -> Manage apps -> Messaging -> Notification -> Messages -> Sound. Any any case, that's how Android works since Android Oreo. Whatever you've seen on the official Global ROM (a dedicated setting in Sound settings) is an outdated implementation that doesn't adhere to Android standards.

Reactions: mavimendes