So With Official Miui Roms, Bootloader Unlocked Is A Must Or Not?

Nayuribe

Members
Jul 21, 2016
Hello I'm pretty new in this, I've got my Xiaomi redmi 3 PRO yesterday and I'm thinking about install a rom from this site ( 7.5 stable ) for xiaomi redmi 3 PRO or the official one 7.5.1.0.LAICNDE from miui.com.

My bigget fear is get a brick or any bug when installing because my bootloader isnt unlocked but I saw many people saying that if the ROM is official theres no problem with bootloader even if is unlocked, Is that true?

In the MIUI site theres the official ROM but it says Redmi 3 only, theres no version for PRO, can i use it if my phone is redmi 3 PRO? Or is only for redmi 3? Its says " Redmi 3 China" at least have english language?

If someone can anwer me that 3 question coul be great!

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Yes, that is true. There is no problem with the bootloader, but I advice you to unlock it through the miui oficial site. I have unlock it there and it took me one week. Just be patient.
The miui official site has the official stable rom 7.5 for redmi 3 pro, I suggest that you do the download and use that rom on your device.
And yes, all the roms have English, even the beta. I have a redmi 3 with the miui 8 beta and it has English. It took me a while to put the beta Rom on my phone cuz I'm from Portugal and the phone came with an unofficial global rom in Portuguese, it took me a month to solve this problem. So I advice you to not put an unofficial rom on your phone.

Hello I'm pretty new in this, I've got my Xiaomi redmi 3 PRO yesterday and I'm thinking about install a rom from this site ( 7.5 stable ) for xiaomi redmi 3 PRO or the official one 7.5.1.0.LAICNDE from miui.com.

My bigget fear is get a brick or any bug when installing because my bootloader isnt unlocked but I saw many people saying that if the ROM is official theres no problem with bootloader even if is unlocked, Is that true?

In the MIUI site theres the official ROM but it says Redmi 3 only, theres no version for PRO, can i use it if my phone is redmi 3 PRO? Or is only for redmi 3? Its says " Redmi 3 China" at least have english language?

If someone can anwer me that 3 question coul be great!

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Yes, that is true. There is no problem with the bootloader, but I advice you to unlock it through the miui oficial site. I have unlock it there and it took me one week. Just be patient.

The miui official site has the official stable rom 7.5 for redmi 3 pro, I suggest that you do the download and use that rom on your device.

And yes, all the roms have English, even the beta. I have a redmi 3 with the miui 8 beta and it has English. It took me a while to put the beta Rom on my phone cuz I'm from Portugal and the phone came with an unofficial global rom in Portuguese, it took me a month to solve this problem. So I advice you to not put an unofficial rom on your phone.

Thank u so much! I installed the 7.5 stable from this site because it have spanish language ( im from spain ), it works nice :)

Reactions: Iolanda