Softbricked on mi logo

SandStorm

Members
Oct 25, 2018
In need of help, but first I'll say everything until now.
My new redmi note 5 is Chinese version (so, is AI) and had bootloader unlocked.
Had miui global installed, 10.0.10 which I updated to latest global stable 10.0.2.0.
Ive been only using the phone with global stable.
After some hours, it starts crashing a lot, reboots by itself, give system errors and takes a long time to boot.
Thinking something went wrong with the OTA, decided to perform a full flash with flash tools by xiaomi in fastboot with latest global stable.
Waited the flash until finishing with success.
Did it last night, reinstalled by apps and so on.
Phone was working, today at work even gamed a lot (don't tell my boss) but then, started again to degrade performance until getting this soft brick status.
Help please, it won't get into recovery mode.
But goes into fastboot
Actually I'm thinking to go for a custom rom now, thinking to install this xiaomi.eu.
Is this because its a global rom on a Chinese phone even if the bootloader is unlocked?
Anyway, this EU rom is my last hope.
Also I'm a n00b, so sorry I may not know the correct steps.
Need assistance in the steps.
Thank you for your patience

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Bootloader is still unlocked? then do this:
download minimal adb and fastboot https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754459552 and unzip ist
download the latest xiaomi.eu stable ROM https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410932744536984677
download the TWRP https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673956719939825778 and rename it to twrp.img and put it into your fastboot folder
download the latest orange fox twrp https://sourceforge.net/projects/orangefox/files/whyred/ do not unzip it!

- put your RN5 into fastboot mode
- open command promt in your fastboot folder
- enter: "fastboot boot twrp.img" (without " )
- when the twrp is started copy the orangefox twrp zip to the phone and flash it via TWRP.
- reboot to recovery
- format data partition (not wipe!) (if you get an error reboot to recovery and try again)
- reboot to recovery
- copy the xiaomi.eu rom to your phone and flash it via orangefox twrp
- reboot to recovery
- format data partition
- reboot to system

Reactions: SandStorm
My phone does have arb4, don't I need to flash a dummy?

booted the twrp image, but it stays with that circle with 2 arrows and text teamwin.
ah, looks like the twrp recovery boot just gets stuck in the boot.

Last edited:
I checked it with my RN5 (whyred) with ARP4 and Global Stable 10.0.2.0 and it works with the posted method

try this:
unzip the recovery.img from the orangefox recovery zip to your fastboot folder and boot it with
"fastboot boot recovery.img"

My phone does have arb4, don't I need to flash a dummy?
No

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply! I've tried that method with various twrp images, but unfortunately on fastboot boot is the only way it manages to load the recovery, yet, they all get stuck.
I've already packed my phone and will send it to warranty.
Thank you everyone for your kind support :)
I'll be back when the replacement arrives. Since this may be hardware issue

I've already packed my phone and will send it to warranty.
Thank you everyone for your kind support :)
I'll be back when the replacement arrives. Since this may be hardware issue
this is a good idea.
it sounds like a hardware issue for me too

sorry for my bad english...
best regards from germany

Reactions: SandStorm
Thanks! Regards from Portugal too xD

Boas :D Vai ter de ser em Inglês...

Just one question. Where did you bought it? Please let us know how the warranty goes as well.

Today I bought one Redmi Note 6 Pro, and I really want to install Xiaomi.eu, PCDiga told me that probably unlocking bootloader will void the warranty (but they also told me to get in touch with Xiaomi itself, already done), so I am afraid to do it although I have been using Xiaomi.eu on my Redmi Note 3 SE for almost a year.

Obrigado!

PS: Se não responder rápido é porque não pude vir aqui.

Boas :D Vai ter de ser em Inglês...

Just one question. Where did you bought it? Please let us know how the warranty goes as well.

Today I bought one Redmi Note 6 Pro, and I really want to install Xiaomi.eu, PCDiga told me that probably unlocking bootloader will void the warranty (but they also told me to get in touch with Xiaomi itself, already done), so I am afraid to do it although I have been using Xiaomi.eu on my Redmi Note 3 SE for almost a year.

Obrigado!

PS: Se não responder rápido é porque não pude vir aqui.
From chinadroid, their service is done by kepphones.
I spoke to them, they told me to send it back.

I'll let you know how it goes. If they can fix or if they xchange for a new phone.
Abraços do Algarve!

I have a similar problem, flashed TWRP recovery but when reboot its stuck in MI logo. I can boot in fastboot mode but can boot in twrp. Im desperate because dont find how fix the boot and restore the phone. Please help!

Last edited:
I have a similar problem, flashed TWRP recovery but when reboot its stuck in MI logo. I can boot in TWRP but can boot in fastboot mode. Im desperate because dont find how fix the boot and restore the phone. Please help!
Maybe you can enter twrp and format it?

Your phone was Chinese variant with global rom and you had bootloader unlocked?

Your phone was Chinese variant with global rom and you had bootloader unlocked?

I dont know if is chinese version..I've flashed the last eu global stable version with miflash and says something about hello packet, maximum files exceed. Bootloader is unlock.

Did you format data partition, not just wipe? You can boot TWRP again from fastboot mode with "fastboot boot twrp.img".

That's the problem, the phone dont boot in twrp mode. Is stuck in MI logo.
It stuck on Mi Logo when you do this?

- start your RN5 into fastboot mode
- open command promt in your fastboot folder
- enter: "fastboot boot twrp.img" (without " )

Received confirmation from the support that my phone had indeed, problems on the mainboard. A new unit is on the way

Last Monday, my replacement phone arrived. This time, was a true global variant. (not a Chinese variant with global rom)
So far, so. Good, loving it!

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk