[SOLVED] Battery drain in V10.2.3.OCHCNFK

leledumbo

Members
Jul 26, 2013
All CPU cores are prevented from entering deep sleep, all clusters are stuck at 1.4GHz, draining the battery significantly. Unfortunately, the app that's suspected is part of Android system, so it's unclear which service does it. Other thing that can be verified is that Compass app keeps asking for calibration when reopened, but calibration never really finishes, it says "calibrated" after only a few degrees the red ball touched the circle. Can anyone confirm this before I attempt a clean reinstall?

I am using eu ROM for like 10 days and 10.2.3 even less than that. Battery life has never been better. Got at least 1-2 hours of SOT, so I believe clean reinstall will solve it

I am using eu ROM for like 10 days and 10.2.3 even less than that. Battery life has never been better. Got at least 1-2 hours of SOT, so I believe clean reinstall will solve it
OK, this is weird, a clean reinstall still has the same problem. I wonder if it has anything to do with magisk. I'll try another reinstall without magisk.

EDIT 1:
Seems true, clean reinstallation without magisk only makes the CPU awake for a little while and then completely goes into deep sleep. I'll install magisk again without full ROM reinstallation to confirm. This V18.0 seems to be a little more problematic than V17.1.

EDIT 2:
Back in the game, you just should not flash magisk at the same time as the ROM, I guess. It's all good now.

Last edited:
Strange, yesturday I installed Magisk 18.0 Installation was smooth with dalvik and cache clean. But after firts boot animations weren't smooth, there were delays in touch response and back cover was really warm. After uinstalling magisk everything was ok. Something is wrong witk Magisk 18.0 and our devices.

Strange, yesturday I installed Magisk 18.0 Installation was smooth with dalvik and cache clean. But after firts boot animations weren't smooth, there were delays in touch response and back cover was really warm. After uinstalling magisk everything was ok. Something is wrong witk Magisk 18.0 and our devices.
After installation of Magisk you should reboot the phone 2-3 times and the lagness will disappear.

After installation of Magisk you should reboot the phone 2-3 times and the lagness will disappear.

Thanks for your reply. Is there any logical explanation to this fact? I'll try to reboot few times. It worked. Now everything is fine.

Last edited: